Love Genshin Impact and looking to Play Genshin Impact on Mac?
Genshin Impact is an RPG open-world game developed by miHoYo. The game is free-to-play and is available for a wide range of platforms and operating systems.
Many Mac users want to play the game on their Macbook pro or any other but the main question is that, Is Genshin Impact on Mac? and if it is on Mac then, how can one Download Genshin Impact on Mac?
But you really don’t need to worry as we have all the answers to your questions in the guide below.
Can I Play Genshin Impact On Mac?
According to the game developer miHoYo, Genshin Impact has not yet been released for macOS products but there are some chances that Genshin Impact might be available for Mac users in the near future.
However, you still can play Genshin Impact on Mac but setting up the game requires a lot of patience and effort as it’s not that much easy to install as you did it on your PC.
In the upcoming guide, you will get to know How to play Genshin Impact on Mac.
How to play Genshin Impact on Mac?
To play Genshin Impact on Mac you need to make your Mac a Windows PC and for that, you have to install Windows 10 on your macOS. Some Mac users might find it awkward to switch to Windows 10 but it’s a necessary thing to do if you are really eager to play Genshin Impact on your Mac.
So, before setting up Windows partition on macOS you need to check for system requirements.
Recommended Genshin Impact System Requirements
How To Setup Windows 10 Boot camp on Mac?
The below-mentioned setup instruction is for Mac, Macbook pro with intel chips.
What about the newer chips? Microsoft still doesn’t allow any other ARM devices to run Windows, so still, the newer M1 chips are not able to run Windows.
Here’s How To Setup Windows 10 Boot camp on Mac:
- Download Windows 10 from the official Microsoft website and choose your preferred language after confirming.
- Make sure you select the 64-bit version of Windows 10 and choose a folder where you want to download the installation file and click on Save to download it.
- Press Windows key + Space to open the search bar and type Boot camp Assistant to open it.
- When the Bootcamp Assistant opens you need to press the Continue button so that it finds the ISO image file and if doesn’t then you can locate it manually on your Mac.
- Next, you need to provide at least 100 Gb of free space to the Windows 10 partition as the Genshin Impact requires at least 30 GB of space.
- To allocate the space you need to drag the dot between macOS and Windows 10 partitions.
- When you are done with allocating the Windows 10 partition on Mac then you need to press the Install button and your Mac will restart.
Now follow the steps to activate Windows 10 on macOS:
- After restarting, select the preferred language, country, and keyboard input and click on Next.
- You will be asked to provide a product key but as you don’t need one to use on Win 10 Mac so, you need to click on I don’t have a product key.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and once the installation finishes you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account and if you don’t have one you can create a new account.
- When your Mac boots in Windows 10 you will see a Boot camp driver installation wizard on your screen and follow the on-screen instructions to install the important drivers to run the Windows 10 on your macOS.
- Restart your Mac and after the driver’s installation and Windows 10 will boot up on your Mac.
Now moving on to downloading Genshin Impact on Mac.
How To Download Genshin Impact on Mac?
After installing Windows 10 Boot Camp on your Mac you need to follow the steps below to download Genshin Impact on Mac:
- Go to miHoYo official website and download the Windows 10 version of Genshin Impact.
- Make sure you create an account for the game.
- After downloading the game, run the installation file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
- After the game is fully installed you can play Genshin Impact on Mac.
Does Boot Camp Make your Mac slower?
As you know that Mac is not made for gaming and the performance of the Mac gets, even more, slower when you try to play a game like Genshin Impact.
So, the Boot camp may make your Mac slower, and when as you know the game is so graphic intensive that your Mac might heat up and the cooling fan is really going to make a lot of noise.
And if your Mac is getting too hot then you can try playing Genshin Impact after some intervals, or you can get an external cooling fan for your Mac if you wish to play the Genshin Impact on Mac for longer hours.
And if you don’t want the Boot camp to make your Mac slower then you need to make sure that your Mac can meet the system requirements.
I hope you get to know that Genshin Impact has not been released officially for Mac and you can download/play Genshin Impact on Mac using Windows 10 on your Mac.
Also, you should that Mac is not meant for gaming and if you play games like this then your Mac will end up in heating. So, you should follow the additional tips we mentioned above to faster your Mac performance.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment sections below.
Can you play Genshin Impact on M1 Mac?
You can not play Genshin Impact on M1 Mac as the M1 chip disables sideloading IOS apps and as the game requires Windows 10 to be installed on Mac but the M1 chip doesn’t allow that so, you can’t play Genshin Impact on M1 Mac.
Is Boot Camp Safe for Mac?
Bot camp is completely safe for Mac as long as you have taken the necessary precautions but some hardware components may not work.
Is Genshin Impact free on Mac?
Yes, Genshin Impact is free on Mac as it’s a free-to-play action role-playing game in which you can encounter powerful enemies and discover secrets of dark worlds