Wondering How To make Discord GIF Profile Picture(pfp)?
You must be thinking about why is my Discord GIFs not working?
And if you want to get Discord GIF Profile Picture then continue reading.
Video Guide: GIF not working on Discord
Why are my GIFs not working on Discord?
Your GIF not working on Discord can be due to the following reasons:
- The file size must be less than 8 MB
- Your Discord might be outdated.
- Or your internet can be too slow.
How To Set Discord GIF Profile Picture(PFP)?
Discord has various features and one of them helps you make a Discord GIF Profile Picture meaning you can upload an animated PFP on your profile.
So, we will explain to you in detail steps on how to Set Discord GIF Profile Picture but first, you need to have a Discord Nitro subscription and if you don’t have one then the Anime GIFs for Discord won’t move.
Step 1: Get Discord Nitro
If you have already subscribed to Discord Nitro then you can skip this step and move on to the next one.
Discord Nitro helps you enjoy those animated avatars, global custom emojis, and much more then,
all you can do is purchase a monthly and yearly subscription.
- Discord Nitro which can cost you up to ($9.99/Month, $99.99/Year)
So, here’s How To get Discord Nitro Via Desktop:
- Launch the Discord app.
- Click the settings icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select Discord Nitro.
- Now select the Subscribe button for Discord Nitro.
- Choose whether you want to buy the for a month or a year.
- Now choose the payment method and enter your details.
- After the payment is completed you will be able to use an animated Discord GIF Profile Picture.
Now moving on to the next step to set Anime GIFs for Discord.
Also Read: Discord keeps crashing Unexpectedly
Step 2: Get Any GIF From Tenor
There are many ways you can get GIFs from a browser or any other website but we recommend getting from Tenor because it’s the default GIF search engine on Discord.
- Just go to Tenor official website
- Search for a GIF you want to use as a Discord PFP.
- Once you have found your favorite GIF, you can right-click on it and select Save image as…
- And your GIF will be saved on your PC.
Now moving on to the next step to set Discord GIF Profile Picture.
Step 3: Setting up your Discord GIF Profile Picture
So, just follow the steps to set up your Discord GIF Profile Picture:
- Launch Discord.
- Click on the Gear icon(User Settings) next to your username.
- Select User Profile > Change Avatar.
- Now select Upload Photo and the file explorer will open.
- You need to look for the GIF where you stored it and click on Open.
- Now you will see an editing bar that will help you resize the Discord GIF.
- If the GIF is too small, you can enlarge it by moving the scale to the right.
- And if you don’t want to you can select the Skip option.
- Next, you need to save your GIF by clicking on Save Changes
- And you will be able to set Discord GIF Profile Picture.
Also Read: Discord Features You Might Don’t Know About
Step 4: Viewing Discord Nitro PFP on a Server
To view your Discord Nitro PFP whether it’s animated or not you need to join a small Discord server for that and a small server means that has around 100 members in it.
You’ll see its member list on the right sidebar and scroll down to find your profile on the server.
Click on your profile to expand and you will be able to see your animated Discord GIF Profile Picture.
Now the next thing is that most users after creating the GIF on Discord as their PFP when they log out and log in again into Discord they face Discord GIFs not working.
So, to fix an animated profile picture not working on Discord you need to follow the solutions below.
Solution 1: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
How do I improve my Wi-Fi Speed?
Discord GIFs not working also occurs when the router is too far from your PC,
so, try bringing your router close to your system, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check for Discord GIFs not working solved.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have an animated profile picture not working on Discord then move to the next solution.
Also Read: Discord Installation Failed
Solution 2: Update Your Router’s Firmware
If the above solution didn’t fix your Discord GIFs not working then updating your router software will do the job.
Sometimes an outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in unable to connect to the internet.
So, it’s best to update your router firmware, and here’s how you can do this:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
Solution 3: GIF Shouldn’t be Too Large
Make sure that you are not uploading a larger GIF as for smooth performance Discord has limited the GIF size to less than 8 MB. So, it won’t allow you to upload the GIF in the first place and if it does then it won’t play the animated GIF or you will face Discord GIFs not working.
So, it’s best you check the size of the GIF before setting it as your Discord pfp.
Solution 4: Reinstall Discord to Fix Discord Black Screen
This is the least way you can get over Discord GIFs not working.
Just follow these easy steps to make Discord animated pfp work:
- Press Windows+R and a Run command box will appear
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box and press Enter
- An application manager will appear and look for Discord in it
- After finding it Right-click on Discord and select uninstall
- Hold Windows Key + R
- Type “%appdata% “and press Enter which will show you all the app folder that contains their Contents such as cache
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it. If you can’t find a discord folder, it can be possibly hidden.
- Select View from the top bar and check the Hidden Items option
- Now install the latest version of Discord and restart your PC again
- Launch Discord without Discord animated profile picture not working.
I hope the above solutions helped you create a Discord GIF Profile Picture(pfp) and solved your Discord GIFs not working.
But if you got any questions regarding this then let us know in the comments section below.
How do I add GIFs to Discord?
You can add GIFs to Discord by dragging and dropping them from the source.
Can I rejoin a Discord server after leaving it?
Yes, you can rejoin the Discord server anytime after leaving if you have the link or you are invited
How to leave a Discord server without any notification?
There won’t be any notifications when you will leave the server so you don’t need to worry much about the notifications.