Do you want to know How to Stream Netflix on Discord?
Do your friends have a black screen with subtitles while you stream Netflix on Discord?
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve How to Stream Netflix on Discord.
Why Is My Screen Black When I Stream Netflix on Discord?
Your screen is black when you stream Netflix on Discord due to the following reasons:
- The cache folder might be overloaded.
- Discord might be outdated.
- Unnecessary programs running in the background
Video Guide on How to Stream Netflix on Discord
How to Stream Netflix on Discord?
Here is what you need to know on how to stream Netflix on Discord.
Just follow the steps below:
Note: Streaming Neflix From Discord mobile app is not possible due the some technical issues. To Stream any of your favorite stream you need to use desktop version of the Discord.
- Open the Discord app on desktop
- Now go to the browser
- Go to the Netflix official site
- Log in to your account
- Open your favorite show or movie
Open the Discord Settings
- Click the Settings icon located next to the username left down corner
- Settings will open
- Now scroll down on the left menu and find “Activity Settings“
- Click on “Activity Status“
- Activity Status window will open
- Click on Add it! button
- A search bar will open
- Click on the arrow button in the search bar
- A drop-down menu will open
- Select the browser where Netflix is opened
- And then click on the Add Game
- Now you have to ESC the settings
Go back to Main Window
- Now go to the server where you want to stream Netflix on Discord
- After that, go to the Voice channel
- Google chrome bar is already there
- Now click on the “Stream Google Chrome” icon
- The Screen Share window will open
- If you are a normal user you can only stream with 720p with 30fps Max
- Or, if you have Discord Nitro, then you have access to all features
- Now click on the “Go Live“
- The streaming will start
Add Freinds in Netflix Streaming on Discord
- Now double click on the screen
- And you can add friends by clicking on the icon shown in the pic down below
- Happy Streaming! Enjoy
How to Stream Netflix on Discord without a Black screen?
To solve Discord’s black screen while streaming on Discord you have to follow the upcoming solutions.
Solution 1: Update Your Graphics Driver on Windows 11
One of the major reasons for Discord Black Screen share is outdated graphic drivers.
Here’s how you can update graphic drivers to get over Discord Black Screen Windows 11/10/7:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Display adapter
- A further menu will open
- Find your video driver
- Click right on the graphic card name
- Click on the Update driver
Move on to the next solution for the Discord app blank
Read Also: Discord No Route Error
Solution 2: Run Discord As Administrator to Fix Discord Black Screen on Windows 11/10/7
For some users, this method worked perfectly for the discord app blank as allowing the app to run as Administrator.
So here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Task Manager and End all tasks related to Discord
- Go to your Desktop and look for the Discord shortcut
- Right-click on the Discord icon and you will see “Run as administrator“
- Click on Run as administrator and after giving the permission
- Discord will launch without any discord black screen issue.
If this doesn’t fix your black screen discord then clearing the Discord cache will help Stream Netflix on Discord without a Black screen.
Read Also: Discord Not Opening
Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache to Fix Discord Blank Screen on Windows 11
Let’s say if some files or cache of Discord are corrupted then obviously your Discord Black Screen occurs.
By deleting Cache and other files won’t lead to a discord window off-screen as it gets recreated when you open Discord Next time
So to overcome discord open to the blank screen we simply need to delete the cache.
Clearing cache also helps in solving Discord Not Updating Issue.
Here is how you can Clear Discord cache in Windows 11:
- Go to the Discord icon on the desktop
- Right-click on the icon the menu will appear
- Select Open file location
- Now click on the Appdata mentioned in the address bar
- Some folders will appear now select the Roaming folder
- Under this folder, you will find the Discord folder
- Discord folder delete both Cache and local Storage folders
Solution 4: Clear Discord Cache to Fix Discord Blank Screen on Windows 10/7
If you don’t have Windows 11 then don’t worry about it. Here is how you can clear the discord cache to fix the Discord black screen on Windows 10/7.
Follow the steps mentioned down below:
- Close your Discord app
- Press Windows key + E for opening File Explorer
- Type %AppData% in the address bar and press Enter
- Now under the Discord folder delete both Cache and local Storage folders
- Close File Explorer and restart Discord to fix Stream Netflix on Discord without a Black screen.
Solution 5: Disable Hardware Acceleration to Fix Stream Netflix on Discord without a Black screen
Many users have said that Hardware Acceleration turned On mostly leads to Discord Black Screen startup.
It uses GPU to run discord smoother which might lead to Black Screen Discord at the start.
So let’s disable to fix discord screen share black screen:
- Launch Discord and click the settings icon to go to User Settings
- Now on the left panel click Appearance
- And turn off the toggle next to Hardware Acceleration
- Now Launch Discord and check if it works without Black Screen
Solution 6: Turn Off Using Latest Technologies Option
Users say that mostly Discord errors and discord stream game black screen are due to the ‘Using latest technology‘ option enabled in discord.
So let’s ‘Disable Use our Latest Technology’ option to fix Stream Netflix on Discord without a Black screen:
- Launch Discord.
- Go to User Settings by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Click on Voice & Video.
- Scroll down to the Screen Share section.
- Toggle Off Use our latest technology to capture your screen.
- And launch discord again to check Discord Black Screen is fixed.
Read Also: Discord Mic Not Working
Hope all the above solutions help you to Stream Netflix on Discord without having any errors.
Share your experience in the comment section down below.
Is it illegal to stream Netflix on Discord?
If you are showing the Netflix on Discord to a large public then its will consider as a illegal act. To broadcast any show and movie to a large public you need to obtain the broadcast licence. While other hand if you sharing shows with friend & family then you are good to go there no restriction by law.
What is Netflix DRM?
Netflix DRM Digital Rights Management is a software which authorize the playback of copyright material. And proctect the content from replicating more in Netflix.
How do I watch Netflix on discord without black screen?
To watch Netflix on Discord without black screen follow the solutions mention down below:
1. Update Your Graphics Driver
2. Run Discord As Administrator
3. Clear Discord Cache
4. Disable Hardware Acceleration
5. Turn Off Using Latest Technologies Option