Discord Black Screen? Black Screen Discord?
You just opened your Discord and you saw a discord black screen on startup?
Using the screen share feature you experienced Discord black screen share?
If yes, then you don’t need to worry because we have compiled a list of solutions for you to solve the Discord black screen.
Why is Discord Streaming a Black Screen?
Discord is streaming a black screen due to the following reasons:
- You may be running the program in full-screen mode.
- The Graphics driver might be outdated.
- Unnecessary programs opened.
Best Video Guide For Discord Black Screen:
Solution 1: Update Your Graphics Driver
One of the major reasons for Discord Black Screen share is outdated graphic drivers.
Here’s how you can update graphic drivers to get over Discord black screen Windows 10:
- Press Windows + X keys.
- Select Device Manager
- Now click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on Update driver
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software
- Now the updated version of the graphic driver will be downloaded and installed.
Move on to the next solution for the Discord app blank
Solution 2: Run Discord As Administrator to Fix Discord Black Screen
For some users, this method worked perfectly for the discord app blank as allowing the app to run as Administrator.
So here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Task Manager and End all tasks related to Discord
- Go to your Desktop and look for the Discord shortcut
- Right-click on the Discord icon and you will see “Run as administrator“
- Click on Run as administrator and after giving the permission
- Discord will launch without any discord black screen issue.
If this doesn’t fix your black screen discord then clearing the Discord cache will help Discord blank screen Error.
Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache to Fix Discord Blank Screen
Let’s say if some files or cache of Discord are corrupted then obviously your Discord Black Screen occurs.
By deleting Cache and other files won’t lead to a discord window off screen as it gets recreated when you open Discord Next time
So to overcome discord open to blank screen we simply need to delete the cache.
Clearing cache also helps in solving Discord Not Updating Issue.
By following these steps:
- Close your Discord app
- Press Windows key + E for opening File Explorer
- Type %AppData% in the address bar and press Enter
- Now under the Discord folder delete both Cache and local Storage folders
- Close File Explorer and restart Discord without any Black Screen discord error.
Solution 4: Disable Hardware Acceleration to Fix Discord Black Screen
Many users have said that Hardware Acceleration turned On mostly leads to Discord Black Screen startup.
It uses GPU to run discord smoother which might lead to Black Screen Discord at the start.
So let’s disable to fix discord screen share black screen:
- Launch Discord and click the settings icon to go to User Settings
- Now on the left panel click Appearance
- And turn off the toggle next to Hardware Acceleration
- Now Launch Discord and check if it works without Black Screen
Solution 5: Turn Off Using Latest Technologies Option
Users say that mostly Discord errors and discord stream game black screen are due to ‘Using latest technology’ option enabled in discord.
So let’s ‘Disable Use our Latest Technology’ option to fix discord showing black screen:
- Launch Discord
- Go to User Settings by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Click on Voice & Video.
- Scroll down to the Screen Share section.
- Toggle Off Use our latest technology to capture your screen.
- And launch discord again to check Discord Black Screen is fixed.
Try the next option for the Discord blank screen.
Solution 6: Enable Reduction Mode to Fix Discord App Blank
Discord uses the reduced motion method for animations and transitions
so when you will enable this option it will fix your Discord Black Screen.
Just follow the steps below:
- Go to User Settings by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Go to the Accessibility tab uncheck the box against Sync with computer.
- Now turn On Enable Reduced Motion option.
- Launch discord again to fix Discord black screen.
Solution 7: Close Unwanted Programs to Fix Discord Black Screen Windows 10
If there are too many programs are running in the background
then closing them can fix the Black screen discord.
So let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager.
- Now check which program is using more CPU and memory usage
- Right-click on that program and select End Task.
- And check if discord is a black screen or not.
Solution 8: Reinstall Discord to Fix Discord Black Screen
If the above method doesn’t fix your problem then I am sure this one will.
Just follow these easy steps to stop discord from black screen
- Press Windows+R and a Run command box will appear
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box and press Enter
- An application manager will appear and look for Discord in it
- After finding it Right-click on Discord and select uninstall
- Hold Windows Key + R
- Type “%appdata% “and press Enter that will show you all the app folder that contains their Contents such as cache
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it. If you can’t find a discord folder, it can be possibly hidden. Select View from the top bar and check the Hidden Items option
- Now install the latest version of Discord and restart your PC again
- Launch Discord without black screen discord error.
I hope you get to know how to solve Discord Blank Screen and if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.