PS5 NW-102216-2? Can’t Connect to the Server?
So, you just bought your brand new PS5 and you see an error message on your screen saying “Unable to connect to server”
No need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue.
So, just calm down because we have prepared a list of some official solutions to solve NW-102216-2.
What is PS5 Error Code NW-102216-2? Unable to Connect to Server?
PS5 Error Code NW-102216-2 occurs:
- When you are trying to join a multiplayer online game.
- Or trying to connect to Play Station Network the error message appears.
Why does my internet keep going out on my PS5?
Your internet keeps going out of your PS5 due to the following reasons:
- Internet connection must be slow
- The wifi signal strength must be weak
- The PSN server may be down
Best Video Guide For PS5 Error Code NW-102216-2
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your internet connection is working properly then PS5 Error NW-102216-2 might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance, so all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
And for that, all you need to do is:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
For this follow the next solution
Read More: How To Get Unbanned From PS4?
Solution 2: Restart Your PS5 to Fix PS5 NW-102216-2
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
Check out the best Tips: PS5 Won’t Turn On?
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plugin everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if PS5 Error NW-102216-2 is fixed.
If the above solution didn’t fix PS5 NW-102216-2 then move on to the next solution.
Also Read: PS5 Not Connecting to Controller
Solution 3: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix NW-102216-2
If the above solution didn’t work then power cycling your router has worked for some users in fixing PS5 NW-102216-2
How do I auto power cycle my router?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the PS5 Error NW-102216-2 is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix
You should have a powerful router like the one below to overcome PS5 Error code NW-102216-2
Also Read: PS5 error code NP-107938-8
Solution 4: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
How do I improve my Wi-Fi Speed?
NW-102216-2 also occurs when the router is too far from your PC,
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check for the PS5 error code NW-102216-2 issue solved.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have PS5 NW-102216-2 then move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Update Your Router’s Firmware to Fix PS5 Error Code NW-102216-2
If the above solution didn’t fix your PS5 NW-102216-2 then updating your router software will do the job.
Sometimes an outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in PS5 NW-102216-2.
So, it’s best to update your router firmware, and here’s how you can do this:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
Solution 6: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS5?
There are some faulty DNS servers that may cause PS5 Error NW-102216-2.
So, let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network > Settings.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now click Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual.
- For Primary settings enter 22.214.171.124 and for Secondary 126.96.36.199 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS5 to check if PS5 NW-102216-2 is gone.
Solution 7: Call Your ISP to Fix PS5 NW-102216-2
The least you can do to solve PS5 NW-102216-2 is contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
Solution 8: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out PS5 NW-102216-2 is to Contact PS5 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PS5 Error code NW-102216-2.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
Why can’t my PlayStation connect to the server?
Your PlayStation can’t connect to the server as the server may be down or your internet connection not working properly.
How long does it take for PSN to do maintenance?
It takes about 2 hours for PSN to do maintenance
What does it mean when a DNS server Cannot be used on PS5?
DNS server Cannot be used on PS5 when you are connecting to the internet but through the wrong DNS server as the DNS is directly related to the network.
How do I fix the connection timed out on my PS5?
You can fix the connection timed out on your PS5 by checking the PSN status and using a wired internet connection.