This is very frustrating for PS5/PS4 owners. Some of the players explain their frustration in gaming communities.
So, you don’t need to worry much
As we have 7 easy solutions for you to in the article below.
5 Causes Of FIFA 23 crashing on PS4/PS5
So, it’s recommended to update your game before applying any other solutions.
Solution 1: Update the System Software Automatically
Sometimes your console is outdated and it’s unable to run new features of the game. And eventually, you face FIFA 23 Crashing on PS5/PS4.
Make sure your PS5 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
PS4: How do I update my PS4 software?
Still facing the error then continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update your Game on PS4/PS5 (Mannually)
Sometimes an outdated game can lead to FIFA 23 Crashing on PS5/PS4 so, it’s best to check for updates.
Here is how you can update FIFA 23 on your PS5 easily:
- Open the PS5
- Go select the FIFA 23
- Press the options button the small menu will open
- Select the “Check For Updates“
- The game will start installing the update and the patch will also be installed with this upgrade.
If you want the game to update automatically on PS5 then follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Update Game on PS4/PS5 (Automatically)
Enabling the games to update automatically is really helpful for gamers. When there is a new update of any game the PS5 will not notify you.
You have to check the update by following the above steps solution.
Automatically updating will make your console up-to-date and help gamers to solve any issue or get any new edition as soon as possible.
Follow the step down below to Update the Game on PS5 (Automatically):
- Go to the PS5 Homepage
- Go to the gear icon located on the top right corner of the Home page.
- The setting will open
- Select System
- The system setting window will open now select the Power Saving option
- From the right side select “Feature Available in Rest Mode“
- Three more options will appear Select “Stay Connected to the Internet“
- Make sure the toggle of this option is Turned ON
- Now exit from here and go back to the main setting menu
- Scroll down and select “Save Data And Game/App Settings“
- From the left menu select “Automatic Update“
- Now on the right side “Auto-Download” & “Auto-Install in Rest Mode” will be available
- Make sure both option toggles are ON
- The automatic update is now on successfully
When the updates are done the PS5 will go to sleep
Video Guide: How To Update Games on PS5
Solution 4: Delete Saved Game Data
If you think that nothing has changed, you can erase the saved data of the FIFA 23 game.
Before you begin if you are a PlayStation Plus member or use a USB flash drive with enough space to save your backup.
Just follow the steps given below:
- On your Home page press UP on the D-pad to go to the Function menu.
- Go to the Settings icon and press the X button to open it.
- Now click on the Application Saved Data Management option by pressing the X button.
- Then click on Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select the game in which you are having trouble and press the options button to delete it.
- After deleting you can restore the data by repeating step 3.
Solution 5: Restart Your PS5/PS4
Whenever you encounter FIFA 23 Crashing on PS5/PS4 or any game bug, you should restart the PS5/PS4.
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary error which is occurring due to the old cache.
So here is how You can restart your PS5/PS4:
- Open the PS4
- Use the “L” KEY to move up the menu
- Move right to the Power option and press key “X”
- A new window will open then select Power Options
- Power Window will open select the Restart PS4 option
- And you will be able to restart the PS4 successfully.
- Turn on the PS5
- Press the Playstation button the quick menu will appear
- Select the Power option the small menu will appear
- Select the “Restart” Option
- Your PS5 restarts successfully
If FIFA 23 keeps Crashing on PS4 still then proceed to rebuild database.
Solution 6: Rebuild Database On PS4/PS5
PS4 database rebuild organizes your hard drive to make it easier and quicker for the system to access your files.
This can help in faster data loading, reduced ‘game freezing’, and boost the frame rates which in return will help you fix FIFA 23 keeps crashing On PS4.
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your PS4
- Hold the Power button down until you hear two quick beeps. This will alert you that you have entered Safe Mode
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to the USB-A slot in the front of the PS4
- Scroll down in the menu and select, Rebuild Database
Wait for the process to complete and launch the game.
- First, make sure your PS5 System Software is up to date
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and the crashing problem will be solved.
Solution 7: Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about the FIFA 23 keeps Crashing on PS5/PS4 on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve the FIFA 23 Crashing on PS5/PS4
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below.