Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, is a new game from Respawn Entertainment and Lucasfilm Games. It is a third-person, galaxy-spanning, action-adventure game that follows the story of Cal Kestis, a surviving Jedi Knight, as he fights against the Empire and other threats in a dark and dangerous galaxy.
In this article, we will delve into the causes of the Star Wars Jedi Survivor black screen issue and explore potential solutions for PC players.
The black screen issue in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor can be caused by a number of factors. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers: The game may require updated graphics drivers to function properly. If your drivers are outdated or corrupted, it can cause the black screen issue.
- System requirements not met: The game may require a certain level of hardware specifications to run smoothly. If your PC does not meet the recommended system requirements, it can cause a black screen issue.
- Full-screen mode: Some players have reported that the black screen issue occurs only when the game is in full-screen mode. This could be due to an issue with the game’s compatibility with certain graphics cards.
- Antivirus or firewall software: In some cases, antivirus or firewall software can interfere with the game and cause the black screen issue.
- Overclocking: Overclocking your PC components can cause instability and lead to the black screen issue in some cases.
These are some of the most common causes of the black screen issue in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. However, there may be other factors at play depending on your individual system configuration.
Solution 1: Restart the PC
When you experience a Black screen Issue or any bug in your game, it’s recommended to start by restarting the computer before attempting any other fixes. This is because restarting the computer can resolve any temporary errors caused by outdated cookies and cache or conflicts with other software on your system. By simply restarting the PC
Solution 2: Close Unwanted Programs on PC
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the crashing issue on your PC.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the crash is solved or not.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus Software
In some cases, the third-party antivirus software installed on a computer may prevent the game Star Wars Jedi Survivor from running properly.
So, you need to disable the antivirus for a few minutes to check if the antivirus is causing a Black Screen issue on Star Wars Jedi Survivor.
In order, to disable the antivirus follow the step below :
- Select the arrow button on the taskbar a Small menu will open.
- Then click left on the Avast antivirus icon.
- The setting menu will open and select “Avast shield control“
- In a further menu, you will select the “10 minutes option“
- Now restart the game.
If the issue persists then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Update Graphics Card Driver Via Windows Update
Updating your graphics card driver is an important step in ensuring your computer is running smoothly and efficiently. With the latest driver updates, you can improve your system’s performance, fix any bugs, and enjoy new features.
In this solution, we will be showing you how to update your graphics card driver using Windows Update, a simple and straightforward method for keeping your drivers up to date. So, let’s get started!
Here is how you can update drivers via optional updates on Windows 11:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Now select Advanced options
- Click on Optional updates
- A new window will open
- Click on the drop-down button for Driver updates
- Now, select your desired drivers
- Now press the Download & Install button
If you cannot update your drivers through Windows Update, then you can try updating the Graphics Drivers through Device Manager to fix the Star Wars Jedi Survivor Black screen Issue.
Solution 5: Update Graphic Drivers Via Device Manager
Updating your graphics card driver is essential for ensuring optimal performance and compatibility with the latest software and games. Updating your graphics card driver can be done via the Device Manager in Windows and is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
Here is how you can update drivers through Device Manager:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Display adapters
- A further menu will open
- Right-click on the graphic card name
- Click on the Update driver
Solution 6: Check for Driver’s Updates of GPU/Video Cards of Different Company
An issue that can cause a black screen in Star Wars Jedi Survivor is outdated GPU drivers. When the video card drivers are not up to date, the GPU cannot keep up with modern gaming and may cause crashes. To resolve this, we suggest updating the video card drivers. Direct links to the main GPU manufacturers can be found below.
If the above solution didn’t work out for you, try the next solution.
Solution 7: Verify the Game Files On Steam
Sometimes the game file will get corrupted or get deleted, which eventually causes a Black Screen issue on the Star Wars Jedi Survivor on PC.
Verify the Game File in Steam
Follow the steps to verify the game file on Steam software:
- Launch the Steam Software
- Now login in the steam
- Navigate to the library
- Select the game and right-click on the game
- Now select properties
- Now click on the “Local file” Option
- A further menu will open
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of the Game Cache“
- Now the software is verifying the files, and this will take some time.
Sometimes the game file will get corrupted or get deleted that eventually causing a Black Screen issue on Star Wars Jedi Survivor.
If you still have any queries or suggestions, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
What should I do if I experience the black screen issue in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor?
First, make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date and that your PC meets the recommended system requirements for the game. If the issue persists, try running the game in windowed mode or disabling any antivirus or firewall software that may be interfering with the game.
Can I fix the black screen issue by reinstalling the game?
It’s possible that reinstalling the game may fix the issue if it was caused by a corrupted game file. However, it’s important to note that this may not always work, and it may not be necessary if the issue can be fixed through other means.
Is there a patch or update available to fix the black screen issue?
Developers may release patches or updates to address known issues, including the black screen issue. Check with the game’s official website or forums to see if any updates have been released that address this issue.