Want to know How to Change Username on Windows 11?
Want to replace the actual name with the nickname?
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solutions to Change User Names on Windows 11.
Windows 11 Features
Windows 11 is the most anticipated Windows ever,
Windows 11 come with new modern features that make this Windows super interesting. Windows 11 contains lots of productivity features that will enhance the user experience and enable office workers to do work on multiple tasks on one screen at the same time, that’s super cool though! Windows 11 is full of applications this time,
READ ALSO: This PC Can’t Run Windows 11?
In Windows 11 you will get a fully new Microsoft store experience, in the new Windows Microsoft store you will have access to the android apps, which will enable users to use android apps on their PCs and this will improve productivity by using android tools on your PC.
Windows 11 is not that different from Windows 10, The setting of Windows 11 is pretty similar to Windows 10 settings, so if you are familiar with the Windows 10 settings it pretty easy to rectify any error you have in Windows 11 due there a similarity.
However, the UI of Windows 11 is far better than Windows10, Windows 11 enable the user to gather all of his work on one platform plus provides entertainment with your mobile apps. A start-up sound is also a unique thing after Windows 7.
Windows 11 is available in various languages which allows user to have their local language on their PC. Some languages are fully optimized with “Display language“, “Text to Speak“, Speach recognition“, “Handwriting” features.
Solution 1: Change Account Name on Windows 11 Via Microsoft Account
When your PC account is made with Microsoft account you can change your username by signing in to the Microsoft account; Here is how you can change your Username On Windows 11 Via Microsoft Account:
- Press Windows+I
- Settings Windows will open
- From the left menu select “Accounts“
- From the right menu select “Your info“
- Account > Your info Window will open
- Click on ‘Accounts’ under the Related settings heading
- Now the web browser will open directed to your Microsoft account
- Microsoft account homepage will open
- From the top bar select “Your info“
- Your info window will open
- Select “Edit name“
- Edit name Window will open
- Now change your name and enter the Captcha
- Click on Save
- Now your Username on Windows 11 is changed successfully
Solution 2: Change Username on Windows 11 Via Control Panel
If you want to change your username on your local account you can do it from the control panel easily. Let me show how you can change your username on Windows 11 Via Control Panel:
- Press Windows + S
- The Windows search will open
- Type “Control Panel“
- Select the appropriate option
- The control panel window will open
- Set View by as Category
- Click on the “Change account type” under the User Account heading
- Choose the Local account you would like to change Window will open
- A new window will open
- Select “Change the account name“
- Now enter the new name
- Click on “Change Name“
- Now your Username on Windows 11 Via Control Panel changed successfully
Solution 3: Change Username on Window 11 Via Run Dialog
Here is how you can Change Username on Windows 11 Via the Run dialog:
- Press Windows + R
- The Run dialog will open
- Type “netplwiz“
- Hit “Ok“
- The User Account window will open
- Select the User
- And click on the “Properties“
- Select “General tab“
- Enter a new name in the User name box
- Click on Apply
- Then Ok
Now your Username is changed successfully on Windows 11 Via Run Dialog
Solution 4: Change Username on Windows 11 Command Prompt
Here is how you can Change Username on Windows 11 Via the Command Prompt:
- Press Windows + S
- The Windows search will open
- Type “Command Prompt“
- Select run as administrator
- User account control Prompt will come
- Click “Yes“
- Now Command prompt will open
- Paste this command “wmic useraccount get fullname, name“
- Now all the user names will come
- Now paste the following command and replace the Current user name With your User name and replace the new user name with the new user name you want to keep for the user.
- wmic useraccount where name=”Current User Name” rename “New User Name”
- Now your user name is changed successfully
Hopefully, all of the above solutions help you to Change Username on Windows 11.
Share your experience in the comment section down below.
Video Guide: Change Username on Windows 11
How do I change my current username?
There are multiple ways to change you current username:
1. Change Account Name on Windows 11 Via Microsoft Account
2. Change Username on Windows 11 Via Control Panel
3. Change Username on Window 11 Via Run Dialog
Does Windows 11 installation delete everything?
Yes, When you perform a clean install of Windows 11 then your all previous data will be deleted. On another hand, if you are a Windows 10 user who wants to try Windows 11 then u can install Windows 11 without any loss of data.
What to do after Windows 11 install?
After installation of Windows 11, you have to do these tasks which I am mentioning down below.
1. Check for Updates
2. Update the drivers
3. Activate the antivirus
4. Close unwanted Programs
5. Set your power settings
How do I hide files in Windows 11?
To hide a file in Windows 11 follows the steps given down below:
1. Go to the file which you want to hide
2. Left click on the file
3. A small menu will open
4. Select properties
5. The file properties will open
6. Check the Hidden box under the attribute heading
7. Click Apply then Ok to save the changes
8. Now your file is hidden in Windows 11