Spotify’s Autoplay function enables users to continue listening to music beyond the end of a playlist or specific track. It comes enabled by default on all devices via the app.
However, certain users have reported Spotify autoplay not working. Luckily, there are various solutions available that are simple to implement and should resolve the problem without difficulty.
So, you don’t need to worry first!
Because we have compiled a list of 8 quick solutions for you to get over Spotify will not go to the next song.
Solution 1: Re-Log into Your Spotify
Some of the users solve Spotify Autoplay Not Working by logging out from Spotify and restarting the device then logging back in
Here is how you can Log in and Log out of Spotify on the Android app:
- Open the Spotify app
- On the top right corner tap on the Settings icon
- Now scroll down and tap on Log out.
- After that, restart your device
- Now open Spotify and Log in with your details.
- Play your favorite music to see if you get to fix Spotify Autoplay Not Working.
Video Guide To Log Out from Spotify on Android/iOS
And if you are still facing Spotify won’t autoplay,
then continue to the next solution.
Read more: Super EASY Guide: Play Spotify On Steam Deck
Solution 2: Restart your Router
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs and help you fix “Spotify will not go to next song”
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Solution 3: Use a different Spotify account
It seems to be a strange fix but using a different Spotify account on your device will help you get over autoplay Spotify not working.
So, you need to log out of your Spotify account and sign in to any one of your friend’s or family members’ accounts on your device.
If the autoplay feature is working in their account then you need to re-log into your account and play any album on autoplay to see if you get to fix Spotify will not go to next song.
And if you still can’t fix Spotify Autoplay Not Working
then try the next solution.
Read more: Spotify Failed to Migrate Some of Your Data?
Solution 4: Make Sure The Autoplay Feature Is Enabled On Spotify
You might have accidentally disabled the autoplay feature on Spotify leading to Spotify not autoplaying
So, follow the steps below to enable the Autoplay Feature on Android:
- Open the Spotify
- On the top right corner tap on the Settings icon
- Now scroll down and toggle on or off the green button for Autoplay.
- After this try playing your favorite song and see if you get to fix Spotify will not go to next song.
Video Guide: Turn On or Off Autoplay On Spotify iPhone
Solution 5: Clear Spotify App Cache To Fix Spotify not Autoplaying next song
So, clearing up cache from your mobile or any other device will get Spotify Autoplay Not Working fixed and it won’t delete any of your data.
Here’s how to clear Spotify cache on Android:
- Go to Settings > App
- Look for Spotify.
- Tap on Storage and then Clear Cache.
- Tap on Clear data and then tap OK from the pop-up menu.
And Spotify will not go to next song will be fixed.
Here’s how you can offload the Spotify cache on iOS:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General > iPhone Storage.
- Look for Spotify
- Tap on it and then select Offload App
This will clear the cache and fix the Spotify autoplay that doesn’t work on iOS
If still Spotify won’t autoplay then you need to reinstall the app.
Read More: Spotify Won’t Play Downloaded Songs Offline
Solution 6: Reinstall Spotify App on Desktop
If you couldn’t fix Spotify not autoplaying next song after clearing the cache then one thing you can try is reinstalling Spotify.
As the error could be due to a corrupted installation of the Spotify app before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the Spotify app follow the steps below:
- Tap and hold on the Spotify icon
- Select the Uninstall option or tap on the Remove app icon
- Now reinstall it from Playstore and Appstore
Solution 7: Spotify Autoplay doesn’t work in Alexa
Many users purchased several Alexa devices such as Echo Dot but autoplay didn’t work and the fact it didn’t work is that the Autoplay feature is currently not available for Alexa-enabled devices
Solution 8: Contact Spotify Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve Spotify Autoplay Not Working then, what you can do is
- Go to contact Spotify on their official website
- Select the device through which you are facing the issue
- And let them know about your problem in detail.
you can contact Spotify on their official website and let them know about your problem in detail.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section below
Why Isn’t my Spotify Playing?
Your Spotify isn’t playing as the app could be outdated or the app cache will be full.
How To Stop Spotify from Autoplaying?
To stop Spotify from autoplay you need to disable the autoplay feature by going to the settings on your app.
How does autoplay work on Spotify?
When you reach the end of an album, playlist, or selection of songs, Spotify automatically plays similar songs so the music never stops