Steam Deck is one of the best handheld gaming consoles on the market with all its compatibility to connect with the best wireless controllers and compatibility to run with Windows. You can even connect Steam Deck with wireless speakers and other audio devices like AirPods.
Now if you’re wondering how to connect AirPods to Steam Deck, simply enable Bluetooth on Steam Deck while pressing and holding the power button on AirPods. Shortly, your Steam Deck console with detect the AirPods and you can pair with them right away.
To explain things more clearly, we have written a detailed guide on how to connect AirPods to Steam Deck. We will also share some tips for troubleshooting AirPods not connecting with Steam Deck.
How to Connect Airpods to Steam Deck?
Although it’s quite simple to connect your AirPods to your Steam Deck, you need to make a few attempts while connecting the first time, according to a user on Reddit
Here is how to connect AirPods to Steam Deck by following some simple steps:
- Tap on the Steam Button to open the sidebar
- Go to Settings
- Find Bluetooth(7th option)
- After turning on Bluetooth, open the lid of the AirPods, but do not remove them from the case
- Press and hold the setup button located on the back of the AirPods case until the light starts flashing white
- Your AirPods are now in pairing mode and when they appear as paired, you can enjoy your games or play Spotify on Steam Deck.
Why can’t i communicate with my friends while my Airpods are connected to Steam Deck?
According to many gamers the AirPods being connected to the Steam Deck, the microphone still doesn’t work. This means that those using AirPods will be able to receive audio input from the game, but will not be able to communicate with friends and other players within the game.
Also according to the tweet by Steam Deck Air Pods Pro’s noise-canceling feature made playing Steam Deck a joy.
Steam Deck + Air Pods Pro noise cancellation = Bliss ? pic.twitter.com/5PMoFqaJZt— Steam Deck Gaming (@SteamDeckGaming) July 28, 2022
Why does my AirPods Pro is not connecting to Steam Deck?
So, if you are not able to connect your AirPods Pro to Steam Deck then we have a solution to that according to this user on Reddit
First, you have to switch to desktop mode and for that follow the steps below:
- Plugin the mouse and keyboard into the two USB ports of your Steam Deck.
- Hold the Steam Deck power button to bring up the power menu.
- Then select Switch to Desktop to switch over to the Linux desktop.
- Now from settings you can go to the Bluetooth settings and set it to enable on login.
If Bluetooth is not working on Steam Deck then it might prevent AirPods from connecting with your console.
Why are my AirPods not connecting to Steam Deck in Desktop mode?
Many users weren’t able to connect their AirPods even in desktop mode on Steam and if the same thing is happening to you then follow the steps below as a user on Reddit was able to fix it by restarting the Steam Deck
I know it might sound silly but this actually worked.
Just follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on and Steam Deck will get restarted.
- Make sure your both AirPods are in your ears and will get paired easily.
Hopefully, you have got the answer for how to connect AirPods to Steam Deck by following the step-by-step methods mentioned in this guide. If still, you still have a query feel free to share your experiences and questions in the comments section below.
How do I make my AirPods Pro discoverable?
To make your AirPods discoverable you need to follow the steps below on Mac:
1. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the AirPods case for about five seconds.
2. On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
3. Select your AirPods Pro, then click Connect.