A firewall is one of the best features of Avast but if your Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On then you should know that a disabled firewall often means that your computer is not 100% protected from external attacks.
But you don’t need to worry much
As we have 5 easy solutions for you to get rid of Unable to start Avast Firewall.
5 Causes Why Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On
Solution 1: Repair Avast App On Windows 11
The best part of Avast is that it comes with a preloaded repair option.
So, the first thing you can do to fix Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On is to repair Avast on Windows 11:
- Launch Avast on your PC.
- Select Menu at the top-right corner of Avast.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- From the left sidebar, choose General > Troubleshooting.
- Scroll down the Troubleshooting screen and select the Repair App button.
- Choose Yes in the prompt that opens.
- Restart your PC after the process is finished.
If Avast Firewall Not Turning On then continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Turn Off Windows Firewall On Windows 11
It is essential to turn off the Windows Firewall on Windows 11 when one of them can work at a time.
Also, this has worked for many users.
So, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- From the left menu select “Privacy & Security“
- Under the Security heading click on “Windows Security“
- Privacy & Security > Windows Security window will open
- Select the “Firewall & network protection” option
- Select Public network and public network windows will open
- Find Microsoft Defender firewall
- Click on the toggle to turn off the Windows firewall
- User Control prompt will appear and click “YES“
- Now your Firewall is disabled successfully in Windows 11.
And if you are still facing Avast Firewall unable to start On Windows 11, try the next solution.
Read More: Avast Blocking Websites On PC?
Solution 3: Run Virus Scan
Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On can be due to a malicious tool preventing that, soo, it’s best you perform a virus scan via Avast.
Just follow the steps below:
- Launch Avast on your PC
- Click on Protection
- Here you will be able to see various scan features but we recommend you choose the Full Virus Scan
- After the process is finished check if you get to fix Avast Firewall Not Turning On
Read More: Avast Won’t Open?
If not then try uninstalling Avast.
Solution 4: Reinstall Avast On the Desktop
If you can’t fix Avast unable to start Firewall then one thing you can try is reinstalling Avast.
As it could be due to a corrupted installation of the Avast before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the Avast follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.CPL and press Enter.
- Look for the Avast and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to Avast’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch Avast and you should be able to fix Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On.
Solution 5: Contact Avast Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve Avast Firewall Not turning on then, you can contact Avast support and let them know about your problem in detail.
Their team will respond to you within 24 hours.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On Windows 11
Why Is My Avast Running but It Won’t Open When I Click on It?
There are many possible causes for this issue such as the installation process is not yet complete, so, try restarting the Avast.
Why does Avast UI fail to load?
It is usually caused by the incorrect configuration of Avast services.
Why won’t my Avast virus definitions update?
Avast virus definitions won’t update due to several reasons including corrupted installation files, and a glitch in Windows.