Are you getting a “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error while using some normal day use application?
Are you unable to run the new application on Your PC due to the “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error?
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best work to solve the “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error.
Let’s answer some highly asked questions about how to solve the “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error.
Why is Windows Firewall blocking everything?
Windows Firewall Blocking everything is mostly happens when you are trying to browse on the internet. This mostly happens due to the misconfiguration of the Windows Firewall in your PC which might be blocking the whole subnet which required access to the internet.
How do I turn off the firewall in Windows 11?
Disabling the firewall in Windows 11 will not be beneficial for you it will expose your PC to the outer world. Exposing your PC to the outer world means that your PC security might get compromised by virus and malware attacks. If you are sure that none of the things will happen to the PC then follow the steps down below to disable the firewall in Windows 11.
Here is how you can disable the firewall in Windows 11:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- From the left menu select “Privacy & Security“
- Under the Security heading click on “Windows Security“
- Privacy & Security > Windows Security window will open
- Select “Firewall & network protection” option
- The Windows Security window will open
- Select Public network and public network windows will open
- Find Microsoft Defender firewall
- There is toggle click on the toggle in order to turn off the Windows firewall
- User Control prompt will click “YES“
- Now your Firewall is disabled success in Windows 11.
Now head to solutions to solve Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error
What is Windows Firewall?
Windows Firewall is a feature of Windows that filters data coming to your PC from the outer world. A firewall can stop any harmful process or malware coming to you PC. This feature provides the consumer safe & secure while you using Windows.
Solution 1: Restart the PC
The simplest solution of all time is to restart your PC.
Whenever you encounter Windows Can’t Communicate with the Device or Resource on Windows 11 and any PC bug. you should restart the Windows before applying any further solutions.
It will help you to eradicate any cookie n cache which causes inconvenience while you using any graphic-based software.
Solution 2: Keep your PC Updated
Sometimes your outdated PC is the main cause of the Outdated Graphics Card Driver on Windows 11. Outdated drivers in your pc or your current window version are not able to support the new games and software, as you update your windows the whole running drivers are updated too.
So, here is how you can do it:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates.
- If there is any update it will start updating the PC
Solution 3: Scan for Viruses and Malware
Sometimes the Virus and malware cause the “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error in your programs. So in order to run your daily application easily, it is recommended to use the antivirus. So this will help you to run your application without having “Windows firewall has blocked some features“
I am listing down some of the Best Anti-Virus with Exclusive discounted offers for The CPU guide readers: DON’T MISS OUT !!!!!!!
Solution 4: Restore the Firewall in Windows 11
If you made some customization of the Firewall rules then you might face difficulties and start getting Windows firewall has blocked some features. To prevent this we have restored the firewall to its initial settings.
Here is how you can restore the firewall in Windows 11:
- Press Window+S to open the search dialogue
- Now type “Windows Security“
- Select the open button
- Now the Windows Security will open from the left many select “Firewall & Network Protection“
- A new window will open
- Select “Restore firewalls to default“
- Restore default window will open
- Click on the Restore default button under the heading of Restore default settings
- Restore Defaults Confirmation will appear select “Yes“
- Now restart the PC
Hope all of the solutions help you to solve the Windows firewall that has blocked some features.
Share your experience in the comments sections down below.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Window Defender provides the consumer with decent cybersecurity and makes sure you have a good experience while using Windows. but the Windows defender is nowhere near the premium antivirus available in the market.
Does Win 11 need antivirus?
Well, this totally depends on your usage. If you work on your Windows and you have all the data secure on your PC then you should install a good antivirus in order to secure your workspace.