Modern Warfare lag spikes? Modern warfare Lag?
You are playing modern warfare or warzone at some difficult stage and your game starts to lag?
If yes, then you are not the one as many other gamers have reported the same Modern Warfare lag issue.
Don’t worry about it!
So you just need to sit back and relax because we have compiled a list of useful solutions.
Why does my Modern warfare keep lagging?
Modern Warefare keeps lagging due to the following reasons:
- Apps running in the background use most of the internet.
- The router software might be outdated.
- Slow Wifi speed.
How do I fix Lag on COD? How to Fix Latency?
You can fix lag on cod by:
- Turning auto-update off.
- Compromise on graphic settings and reduce them.
- Use a wired connection.
Why is my Latency so High? What causes ping spikes?
Your latency is high due to low bandwidth which is due to too many devices connected to your Internet.
This results in too much lag/high ping
High Latency can also lead to PS5 Slow Wifi Issues.
How to fix Ping Spikes?
You can fix ping spikes by applying the following steps:
- Close the app which is consuming most of your internet.
- Disconnect the devices using more internet data.
- Make sure there’s nothing placed between your router and PC.
Video Guide: How To Fix COD Modern Warfare Lag Or Latency Problems
Solution 1: Check if Activision Server is Down
COD Modern Warfare Lag spikes Or Latency Problems may be due to server problems.
How do you check if warzone servers are down?
Here is how you can check if the warzone servers are down or not:
If the server is down you will get to know from the status or by some tweets by Activision.
Then all you need to do is wait until the problem is solved from their end.
Now after server status verification now proceed to reset your Network Adapter.
Solution 2: Reset Your Network Adapter
Restarting your network adapter will probably fix the Modern Warfare Lag spikes Or Latency Problem
Just follow these steps to restart:
- Search Network Status by pressing the start menu, and clicking on the given option
- Under the Control Panel Home select Change adapter settings options
- Right-click on your Ethernet connection and select Disable
- Wait for a few moments to configure a new IP address, and then Right-click and select enable
If the above solution didn’t work out then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed to Overcome Modern Warfare Ping Spikes
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Lag spikes Or Latency also occur when the router is too far from your PC.
So, try bringing your router close to your system, and you will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you solid and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check for the Modern warfare lag spikes issue.
IF Modern Warfare Lag still persists then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Close Unwanted Programs
If there are too many programs running in the background which is using too much internet
then closing them can fix the Modern Warfare Latency/ping Problem
So let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End Task
- And check if the Modern Warfare Lag spikes problem is solved or not.
Solution 5: Change DNS Settings
Reconfiguring DNS will solve your Modern Warfare Lag Spikes if the above method didn’t suit you.
It will enable Modern warfare to establish a secure and faster connection.
Moreover, it will connect you to the nearest fastest server.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter
- Right-click on the internet connection you are using and click Properties
- Double click “Internet Protocol Version 4(IPV4)” option
- Check “Use the Following DNS Server Addresses” option
- For Preferred DNS Server type “184.108.40.206“
- For Alternate DNS Server type “220.127.116.11“
- Click OK to save settings
- Launch call of duty Modern warfare without any issue
Try using “18.104.22.168” and “22.214.171.124” if the above didn’t work in fixing the Modern Warfare Lag.
If still, the error is bothering then try to Power Cycle the router.
Solution 6: Power Cycle Your Router
If the above solution didn’t work then this solution has worked for some users in fixing the Modern Warfare Lag spikes issue.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the COD Modern Warfare Latency Problem is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
Make sure you have a powerful router like the one mentioned below to overcome Modern Warfare Lag spikes.
Best Routers To Buy
Solution 7: Disable Crossplay
Some Modern Warfare users have reported that disabling crossplay has fixed the Latency Problem
Here’s how you can disable it:
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Go to Settings > Graphics
- Now click on Account.
- Diable Crossplay option.
- And Launch the game to check if the modern warfare lag issue is fixed.
Is nothing helping you so far?
We have the last solution which will definitely help you to solve Modern Warfare Lag Spike.
Solution 8: Call Your ISP
The least you can do to solve the Modern Warfare spikes/ping problems is contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
I hope the above solutions solved your modern warfare spikes issue
If you got any questions just let us know in the comment section down below.
How do I fix game lag spikes? How do I fix game lag spikes?
Here is how you can fix game lag spike by performing the following solution:
1. Check if Activision Server is Down
2. Reset Your Network Adapter
3. Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
4. Close Unwanted Programs
5. Change DNS Settings
Why do I keep getting lag spikes in warzone?
You keep getting lag spikes in a Warzone due to the bad internet. When your internet is not stable this starts causing the lag spike in the warzone.
Is Warzone 120 fps on PS5?
Yes, Warzone is available on PS5 with 120 FPS (Frame Per Second)