Modern Warfare lag spikes? Modern warfare Lag?
You are playing modern warfare or warzone at some difficult stage and your game starts to lag?
If yes, then you are not the one as many other gamers have reported the same Modern Warfare lag issue.
So you just need to sit back and relax because we have compiled a list of useful solutions
especially for you to solve Modern Warfare lag spikes.
Why does my Modern warfare keep lagging?
- Apps running in the background using most of the internet.
- Router software might be outdated.
- Slow Wifi speed.
How do I fix Lag on COD? How to Fix Latency?
- Turning auto-update off.
- Compromise on graphic settings and reduce them.
- Use a wired connection.
Why is my Latency so High? What causes ping spikes?
How to fix Ping Spikes?
You can fix ping spikes by applying the following steps:
- Close the app which is consuming most of your internet.
- Disconnect the devices using more internet data.
- Make sure there’s nothing placed in between your router and PC.
Solution 1: Check if Activision Server is Down?
COD Modern Warfare Lag spikes Or Latency Problem may be due to server problems.
so what you can do is:
If the server is down you will get to know from the status or by some tweets by Activision.
Then all you need to do is wait until the problem is solved from their end.
Solution 2: Reset Your Network Adapter to Fix Modern Warfare Lag Spikes
Restarting your network adapter will probably fix the Modern Warfare Lag spikes Or Latency Problem
Just follow these steps on how to restart:
- Search Network Status by pressing the start menu, and click on the given option.
- Under Advanced network settings, select Change adapter options.
- Right-click on your Ethernet connection and select Disable.
- Wait for a few moments to configure a new IP address, and then Right-click and select enable.
Solution 3: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed to Overcome Modern Warfare Ping Spikes
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Lag spikes Or Latency also occurs when the router is too far from your PC,
so try bringing your router close to your system and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check for the Modern warfare lag spikes issue.
Solution 4: Close Unwanted Programs to Fix Modern Warfare Lag Spikes
If there are too many programs are running in the background which is using too much internet
then closing them can fix Modern Warfare Latency/ping Problem
So let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager.
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End Task.
- And check if the Modern Warfare Lag spikes problem is solved or not.
Solution 5: Change DNS Settings to Fix Modern Warfare Lag/Ping Spikes
Reconfiguring DNS will solve your Modern Warfare Lag Spikes if the above method didn’t suit you.
It will enable Modern warfare to establish a secure and faster connection.
Moreover, it will connect you to the nearest fastest server.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter
- Right-click on the internet connection you are using and click Properties
- Double click “Internet Protocol Version 4(IPV4)” option
- Check “Use the Following DNS Server Addresses” option
- For Preferred DNS Server type “126.96.36.199“
- For Alternate DNS Server type “188.8.131.52“
- Click OK to save settings
- Launch call of duty Modern warfare without any issue
Try using “184.108.40.206” and “220.127.116.11” if the above didn’t work in fixing Modern Warfare Lag.
Solution 6: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix Modern Warfare Lag
If the above solution didn’t work then this solution has worked for some users in fixing the Modern Warfare Lag spikes issue.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch.
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
- And check if the COD Modern Warfare Latency Problem is solved.
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
Solution 7: Disable Crossplay
Some Modern Warfare users have reported that disabling crossplay has fixed the Latency Problem
Here’s how you can disable it;
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Go to Settings > Graphics
- Now click on Account.
- Diable Crossplay option.
- And Launch the game to check if the modern warfare lag issue is fixed.
Solution 8: Call Your ISP
The least you can do to solve the Modern Warfare spikes/ping problems is contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
I hope the above solutions solved your modern warfare spikes issue and if you got any questions just let us know.