How to Lock a Discord Channel? Discord locked channel?
How to make a Discord channel?
Discord is the most used platform by gamers and other people around the world due to its features such as
So, if your server is crowded and as an administrator, you think that there should be proper management to which you can learn from How to Lock a Discord Channel.
But you don’t need to worry because we have made it easier for you on how to lock a Discord channel in the below-given steps.
Video Guide: How to Lock a Discord Channel On PC/ Android/ iOS EASILY?
Can you lock a Discord server?
If you are an administrator you can lock a Discord server and prevent anyone to join the server for at least 7 hours.
Also, you can lock the Discord server permanently.
How to make a Private Discord Channel?
You can make a private Discord channel by following the steps below:
- Go to your Discord server and click on the + icon against VOICE CHANNELS or TEXT CHANNELS
- Enter the private channel name.
- Now toggle ON Private Channel and click on Next to add members in your private channel if you want.
How to Lock a Discord Channel on PC/Desktop?
To lock a channel on Discord you need to have administrative rights.
Locking a channel on a Discord server allows the user to view old messages only but can’t send new ones.
So, here’s how to lock a Discord channel:
- Click on the server on which you want to lock a channel.
- Now click on the channels settings option.
- And click on Permissions to select @everyone.
- Now click on the cross icon against every permission on the page.
- Once you are done then click on Save Changes you will be able to know How to Lock a Discord Channel.
Moving on to How to Lock a Discord Channel on mobile.
How to Lock a Discord Channel on Android?
How do you lock channels on discord mobile?
To lock a channel on Discord mobile you need to follow the steps below:
- Launch the Disord app.
- Tap on the server in which you want to lock the channel.
- Click on the three dots at the top right to go to Server Settings.
- Tap on Channels and select the channel you want to lock.
- After this select Permissions.
- Next select Add a Role > @everyone
- Under the Channel Settings tap on the red cross for all the permissions.
- And tap on the blue disk icon to save changes.
- So, you will ve able to know How to Lock a Discord Channel on Android.
How to lock Roles on Discord?
If you accidentally change the feature to everyone on the server can edit or delete roles
and now you want to lock the role so you don’t want any other to make unnecessary changes to the roles.
So, here’s how to lock Roles on Discord below:
- Launch Discord.
- Right-click on the server and click Server Settings > Roles.
- Now select the role which you want to manage.
- Under Permissions toggle off Manage Roles.
- And you will be able to know how to lock roles on Discord.
I hope you get to know How to Lock a Discord Channel and if you got any questions regarding this then let us know in the comment section below.
Why is Discord locked?
Your Discord might be locked due to under age, server raiding, or some employee might have done it.
Why is a Discord server locked?
Locking a Discord server is mostly done by the user itself and it can be done accidentally.
What does a lock on a discord channel mean?
Lock on a Discord channel means that it’s a private channel.