Wondering How Much Data does Discord Use?
You worried that your Discord is consuming a lot of data?
If you are one of those Discord users who is having Discord data issues then you are at the right place because we have the best answers to your questions.
Video Guide: How Much Data does Discord Use On PC/Android?
Does Discord consume a lot of data?
How much data does a Discord call take?
A one-hour call of Discord will consume almost 28MB of data and it can vary depending on the tasks running in the background during the call.
How Much Data does Discord Use on PC?
If you are using a hotspot or have limited internet so, you really want to know How Much Data does Discord Use on a PC.
For that you need to follow the instructions below to track data usage on Windows 11:
- Press Windows Key + I to go to Settings
- Click on Network & internet
- Now click on Data usage and you will see a list of apps and their last 30 days of data usage.
- Look for Discord and see the amount of data is used in the last 30 days.
- Now divide that data usage by 30 and you will have per day data consumption by Discord.
- And you will be able to know How Much Data does Discord Use on a PC.
Moving on to How Much Data Does Discord Use on Android.
How Much Data does Discord Use on Mobile?
If you want to see How Much Data does Discord Use on mobile then follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Apps
- And search for Discord in the list.
- Select Discord app and scroll down to see data usage.
- Now you will see a graph showing data usage for today, yesterday, or a month according to different networks.
- And you can analyze How Much Data does Discord Use on mobile.
How to Minimize Discord Data Usage?
Then all you need to do is follow the steps below to minimize Discord data usage:
- If you are not using Discord that much or not active then it’s best to turn off background app data which will help you save a lot of data.
- Turn of automatically download videos and pictures and only download that media which is important.
- If you are really short of data then try ignoring GIFS or anything like that.
- Make sure screen share is turned off when you are not using it.
- Don’t turn on audio or video calls when not in use as they consume a lot of data.
As a result, we hope that the above article helped you with How Much Data does Discord Use and save data.
Although it’s all up to you if you are someone who loves to share and post content then of course Discord will use high data.
How Much Data Does Discord Use for Video Calls?
Discord uses almost 260MB of data on 1-hour video call depending on the background apps running.
Why does Discord take so much data?
Discord takes too much data due to the images, videos, files, and documents sent by your friends in a Discord channel.
How Much Data Does Discord Text Use?
One conversation in Discord takes almost 280KBS of data.
Does Discord use Phone minutes?
No, Discord doesn’t use phone minutes as it comes directly from a server and not through a network.