And the players of Forspoken on PS5 are facing some technical hiccups as well while they embark on their adventure in Athia. From crashing to freezing, it seems like the game is giving them a hard time. But don’t worry, there’s always a solution, and with a little bit of troubleshooting, you’ll be back to battling monsters and discovering the secrets of Athia in no time.
These Fixes work if your Forspoken Demo Crashes on PS5 as well.
One tip to keep in mind, sometimes a simple restart can work wonders and get you back in the game quickly!
Solution 1: Restart PS5
Whenever you encounter not launching on Forspoken or even if it’s a game bug/glitch, you should try restarting your PS5.
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary errors/glitches occurring due to the old/corrupted cache.
So, here is how you can restart your PS5:
- Press the PlayStation (PS) button on your controller.
- From the menu shown, Select the Power option (right-most)
- From the small menu that will appear on the power icon, select the last option “Restart PS5”
- While your PS5 restarts, don’t unplug any cord to avoid any hardware failure.
Here’s a supporting video to restart PS5 for your ease:
Solution 2: Enable Automatic Game Updates on PS5
It’s possible that you might have missed the new update notification of Forspoken and an older version of the game can be causing these issues.
To avoid such situations and besides updating each game manually, we can set PS5 to update games automatically.
Usually, they are set to automatic updates by default to avoid crashing.
Here are 8 steps you can follow to allow automatic game updates on PS5:
- From the PS5 Homepage, go to the gear icon located in the top right corner to access PS5 settings.
- Select System
- In the System window, select Power Saving from the left sidebar and choose Features Available in Rest Mode from the expanded menu at the right.
- Toggle “Stay Connected to the Internet“
Halfway through, we have enabled PS5 to stay connected to the internet while in rest mode as games usually don’t update when the PS5 is actively being used. So, let’s enable automatic game updates.
- Go back to the main settings menu that you opened from the gear icon.
- Scroll down and select “Saved Data and Game/App Settings“
- In the Saved Data and Game/App Settings window, select Automatic Updates from the left sidebar
- Toggle both the “Auto-Download” and “Auto-Install in Rest Mode” options in the expanded menu at the right.
Now, your PS5 will be able to download updates over your internet whenever they would be available. Even if your PS5 is in rest mode, your Forspoken will remain up-to-date.
A helpful video for you to never miss an update!
Solution 3: Update Your PS5 Firmware
Sony releases new updates regularly to remain up-to-date with upcoming bugs and issues users face either while playing Square Enix’s Forspoken or some random bugs.
It’s highly recommended to have updated PS5 firmware. You can enable automatic updates and check for them manually as well.
There are 2 ways to update PS5 firmware:
- Through USB
This way you would need to download the update over the internet into a USB which is an inconvenient way than PlayStation updating itself.
- Through Internet
PlayStation searches for an update itself, downloads it, and installs it for you.
By default, automatic updates are enabled, and in case you are not sure, here’s how you can check if there’s a new update available and how to enable automatic updates on PS5 too using PS5 UI.
NOTE: Make sure the PS5 is connected to the internet.
- From the PS5 homepage, access Settings from the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Go to System
- Click on System Software from the left menu and choose the second option: System Software Update and Settings
- From the 2 options, select Update Using Internet.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5. In this case, the PS5 was already up-to-date.
Your PS5 should be with its latest update by now, and you can try running Forspoken to see if it’s still not launching.
And if you want a video guide, here’s a quick video to update your PS5:
Solution 4: Rebuild PS5 Database
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep. This will boot your PS5 in Safe Mode.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- It may take a moment to display Safe Mode options. Select option 5: “Clear Cache and Rebuild Database“
- Select the second option: “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your process will boot back.
This usually doesn’t take much time and here’s a demo video where we rebuild the database on our PS5 taking less than a minute and making it feel faster too.
Solution 5: Delete Saved Game Data
Sometimes, your game’s saved data can have some issues, and deleting it can resolve the error.
1. Before deleting the data, try running a new game and see if it works, then there’s a bug in your saved data.
2. If you are a PlayStation Plus member, backup your data or download it to a flash drive to restore it later and not lose your progress.
3. Saved data of PS4 games only can be uploaded to a flash drive.
3. Keep it as one of the final solutions before you erase the saved data of Square Enix’s Forspoken.
Once you are sure, here are the steps to delete PS5/PS4 Saved Game Data on PS5.
- Go to Settings by pressing the X button on the gear icon in the top menu.
- Now scroll down to Saved Data and Game/App Settings and open it by pressing the X button.
- Then click on Saved Data (PS5) for PS5 Games OR Saved Data (PS4) for PS4 Games.
- Open Console Storage from the expanded menu of your selected option.
- If you are a PlayStation Plus member, save your game data by uploading it from the first option.
- Go to Delete from the top 2 tabs and then find your game that’s not launching.
- Select your game and press the Delete button at the bottom of the right sidebar to delete saved data of Forspoken.
- Check if the game works and try restoring your game by using the Sync Saved Data option visible in step 4.
A helpful and short video where we delete saved game data of a PS4 game on PS5.
Solution 6: Restore Licenses
Every game is licensed to verify you as its correct owner but a bug/glitch can cause an issue with your licenses leading to freezing of Square Enix’s Forspoken on PS5.
These licenses are used to access the content on your PlayStation account and you can restore licenses if you are unable to make purchases, unable to find a game or your game has a padlock icon on it.
In case of damage to the licenses on PlayStation, the content may not work leading to not launching, but as long as you have purchased your game, you would be able to restore its licenses pretty quickly.
So let’s Restore licenses PS5 in the coming steps:
- Select the Gear icon on the top right of your PS5 home screen to access PS5 Settings.
- Go to User and Accounts
- In the Users and Accounts menu, select Other from the left sidebar and then choose to Restore Licenses by pressing X on your controller from the expanded menu.
- And select the Restore button. Make sure you have no game in progress as they all will be closed.
- This process will take a few seconds but you will get to fix the crashing.
This has worked for a lot of users and here’s a 48-second video guide to help you restore PS5 licenses.
Solution 7: Reset PS5
This is the final resort that you can take before you contact PlayStation and you have tried all other fixes to play Forspoken. Being a PlayStation Plus member would make this easy for you as you would be able to save all your game’s progress which is really necessary for the hours of work that have been put in.
Resetting PS5 will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, or any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings and then select Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup:
- PS5 Data:
Select Saved Data (PS5) > Console Storage and in the next Screen Upload to Cloud Storage
- PS4 Data
Select Saved Data (PS4) > Console Storage and in the next Screen Upload to Cloud Storage
- PS5 Data:
- And PS5 will upload your saved game data.
After backing up your data, now you can Reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software from the left menu and Reset Options (last item in expanded menu)
- Select Reset Your Console and follow the on-screen instructions. Wait until PS5 will restart and you are directed to the setup process.
Here’s a video of this process.
Solution 8: Delete and Reinstall Square Enix’s Forspoken
The game file itself can be a suspected issue too and we can only know by deleting and reinstalling it. You’d have to sacrifice your time and internet speed for a while but let’s hope you resolve Square Enix’s Forspoken after this.
To reinstall Square Enix’s Forspoken, follow the steps below:
- Go to PS5 settings.
- Scroll down to Select Storage.
- Then select Console storage from the left sidebar and go to Games and Apps in the expanded menu.
- Now you will see a list of installed games and applications where you will select Square Enix’s Forspoken from the game list and press the Delete button at the bottom right.
- Once your game is deleted, you need to reinstall it. If it’s a disc you own, you would directly insert it, else if you have purchased a digital edition, you need to go to Game Library (last option) from the Games home screen
- Select Your Collection from the three options under Game Library to search for your game and download it.
Some options can be difficult to navigate, so we have created a video for your ease where we delete a game and reinstall it.
Solution 9: Use an Ethernet Cable
If you are experiencing unstable internet on your PS5 and your Wi-Fi has a good enough speed, then maybe some receiving or glitches could be causing an unstable connection.
Alternatively, PS5 comes with an ethernet port that would let you experience uninterrupted connection. Here’s how to do it:
Step A. Connecting Ethernet Cable to PS5
At the rear of your PS5 where you have put your power cable and HDMI cable, you’d find an Ethernet port where you need to insert an ethernet cable from your router.
Make sure you have inserted in the output port of your router, your network is active and the cable works fine.
Step B. Setting Up LAN on PS5
- Go to Settings from the PS5 homepage
- Scroll down to Network and click on it to access Network Settings
- Choose Settings from the left sidebar and scroll down to Set up Internet Connection from the expanded menu
- In the new screen, scroll down to Set Up Wired LAN and press X on it from your controller.
- A new dialog would open where you can rename your connection and then proceed to Connect to it.
- It would take a short while to get you connected to your Wired network.
Solution 10: Contact PlayStation 5 Support
If none of the above solutions work for you then there might be a chance that your PS5 has issues.
You can visit the PlayStation Official Website to get it repaired and choose the relevant issue which in your case would be according to crashing.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console and let them know the issue you are facing is due to Forspoken. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error. They should reply to you ideally within 24 hours and if you don’t get any reply within 2-3 days, then you might need to make another support ticket.
Well, that’s it! We’ve covered a variety of potential solutions for the technical issues that players of Forspoken on PS5 may be experiencing. From updating the game and system software to clearing the cache and checking for overheating, these troubleshooting tips should help you get back to enjoying the game’s open-world environment, magical abilities, and combat mechanics.
Remember, sometimes the simplest solution is the most effective. If none of these solutions work, it’s always a good idea to check for any updates or contact the game’s customer support for further assistance.
Good luck and happy gaming!