Are you getting Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007?
Did the error message say”Could not connect to the internet“?
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007.
Read Also: Nintendo Switch Overheated
Solution 1: Update Nintendo Switch To Fix Nintendo Switch Error 2124-8007
The outdated Nintendo Switch is might cause Nintendo Switch Error 2124-8007. Nintendo Switch auto-updates it’s on its own. But sometimes unavailability of the internet might cause Nintendo to skip the update. So, it’s recommended to check for updates and update the Nintendo manually in order to solve Nintendo Switch Error 2124-8007
How do I update my Nintendo switch?
Here’s how you can update the Nintendo Switch follow the step down below:
- Open the Nintendo Switch
- The HOME menu will open
- Click on the System Setting located in round icons in the home menu
- A System Settings window will open
- Now scroll down on the left menu
- Select System
- Now Select System Update
- The Nintendo Switch will start updating the software.
Solution 2: Change DNS Settings in Nintendo Switch To Solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
According to some user changing the DNS settings help them to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007. So now we are going to change the DNS settings to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007.
- Open the Nintendo Switch
- The Home menu will come
- Select System Settings
- Setting Windows will open
- Scroll down the left menu
- Select the Internet
- On the right side, menu select Internet Settings
- Now click on the network which you are using
- Further settings will open and select “Change Settings“
- The further menu will open
- Select DNS Settings
- Set as Manual
- Select Primary DNS and enter 126.96.36.199
- Now select Secondary DNS and type 188.8.131.52
- Now Save the changes
Now go and check if the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007 is solved.
Read Also: How To Fix Nintendo Switch Error 2002-2060
Solution 3: Check For Active Internet Connection to Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
Make sure your console is connected to an actual and active internet connection or else you won’t be able to download any game.
Here’s what you need to do to fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007:
- Make sure your Nintendo switch is placed only 10ft apart from your Wi-Fi router.
- In the Home menu, select the gear icon to go to System Settings.
- Now select Internet > Internet Settings and the switch will search for nearby WiFi Signals.
- Next, choose your network name from the WiFi list and connect to the internet.
- If your network name/WiFi router name is not showing then move a bit closer to the router and search again by pressing the Y button on your Switch.
- Or you can re-enter the WiFi password again.
- Go to the Home Menu and select User Settings.
- And scroll down to click Update Download Progress.
If the error still persists then proceed to the next solution to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
Read Also: Factory Reset Nintendo Switch
Solution 4: Hard Reset Your Nintendo Switch to Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
What you need to do is hard reset or force reboot to overcome the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
Just follow these steps to fix the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007:
- Connect your AC adapter to your Nintendo Switch and wait for 15 to 20 minutes until the battery charges.
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on
- Now connect your Switch to the internet and the games will start to download.
- Just be sure that you don’t run any other software on your console after the restart
Solution 5: Change to a Different Network to Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
Some users reported facing Error code 2124-8007 when connecting to a particular network, such as their home Wi-Fi, but it goes away when they switch to a different network.
If you’re using your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data hotspot to see if not downloading games is solved.
If so, you may need to reconfigure your router’s ports.
Read Also: How To Fix Nintendo Switch Error 2811-7503
Solution 6: Call Your ISP
The least you can do to solve the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007
is contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
Solution 7: Contact with Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you then there is only one way is left.
Now you have to contact Nintendo customer support in order to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007. Explain to them what issue is bothering you and they will assist you in the best manner to solve your matter.
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-8007.
Share your experience in the comment section down below.
How do you fix a corrupted Nintendo switch?
To fix corrupted Nintendo Switch you have to follow this solution:
Update the Nintendo Switch
Check for the corrupted data
Power cycle your router
Call your ISP
Contact with Nintendo Switch support
Does SanDisk work with switch?
Yes, Sandisk is one of the finest SD card makers which provides high-quality cards to enhance the user experience. SanDisk cards work excellently in the Nintendo Switch.
What does Maintenance Mode do on switch?
The Maintenance Mode allows the user to update and reset the device without losing any data on the console.