Have you been trying to play your favorite game and on the display screen you are greeted with an error message displaying code 2002-2060? Well you’re not alone. Many players have reported of this error on Reddit and like you, they were clueless at first too.
The Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060 commonly occurs due to a software bug or the corrupted save data on your console. There could be many other reasons, which is why we have written this comprehensive article to guide you how to fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060.
What causes error code 2002-2060 Nintendo Switch?
There are many reasons that lead to error code 2002-2060 but here are some common ones:
- Internet connection issues
- Outdated firmware
- Outdated game software
- Server status down
- Corrupted data
Video Guide: Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060
Solution 1: Update Nintendo Switch
The outdated Nintendo is the main cause behind the Nintendo Error code 2002-2060. Nintendo Switch auto-updates it on its own. But sometimes unavailability of the internet might cause Nintendo to skip the update. So, it’s recommended to check and update the Nintendo manually.
Here is how you can update the Nintendo Switch follow the step down below:
- Open the Nintendo Switch
- The HOME menu will open
- Click on the System Setting located in round icons in the home menu
- A System Settings window will open
- Now scroll down on the left menu
- Select System
- Now Select System Update
- The Nintendo Switch will start updating the software.
After updating the software restart the console and check the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060 is solved.
If you still encountering Nintendo Switch Error then proceed to the next solution
Read Also: Nintendo Console not responding error
Solution 2: Check for Corrupted Data
Sometimes some software or game have been corrupted which eventually cause Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060. To prevent that we have to clear the corrupted data. Here is how you can remove corrupted data from the Nintendo Switch:
- Open the Nintendo Switch
- Go to Home Menu
- Select System Settings
- Scroll on the left menu
- Find and select Data Management
- On the right side Select Manage Software
- Now select the most recent software which gives you an error
- After that select Check for Corrupted data
- When you find the corrupted data then delete that software/game
- After uninstalling the game/software
- Go to the eshop
- Find the Game/software
- Select ReDownload
- Select the cloud icon to re-download the game and software
- Now enjoy the Game
If this solution is still no help then proceed to the next solution
Read Also: Nintendo Switch Overheated
Solution 3: Power Cycling Internet Router
If you’re still experiencing error code 2002-2060 Switch after trying the previous solutions, power cycling your router could help you establish a better internet connection and potentially solve the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Completely turn off your router by disconnecting the power cable from the power switch.
- Leave it turned off for 5 to 10 minutes before plugging it back in.
- Check if the Wi-Fi network is visible and properly connected to your devices.
It’s important to note that you should restart all devices affected by the power cycling process to ensure an accurate fix.
Solution 4: Check For Active Internet Connection
Make sure your console is connected to an actual and active internet connection or else you won’t be able to download any game. Here’s what you need to do to fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060:
- Make sure your Nintendo Switch is placed only 10ft apart from your WiFi router.
- In the Home, menu selects the gear icon to go to System Settings.
- Now select Internet > Internet Settings and the switch will search for nearby WiFi Signals.
- Next, choose your network name from the WiFi list and connect to the internet.
- If your network name/WiFi router name is not showing then move a bit closer to the router and search again by pressing the Y button on your Switch.
- Or you can re-enter the WiFi password again.
- Go to the Home Menu and select User Settings.
- And scroll down to click Update Download Progress.
If the error still persists then proceed to the next solution to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060.
Read Also: Get faster download on Nintendo Switch
Solution 5: Hard Reset Your Nintendo Switch
What you need to do is hard reset or force reboot to overcome the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060. Just follow the steps down below.
- Connect your AC adapter to your Nintendo Switch and wait for 15 to 20 minutes until the battery charges.
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on
- Now connect your Switch to the internet and the games will start to download.
- Just be sure that you don’t run any other software on your console after the restart
Solution 6: Change to a Different Network
Some users reported facing Error code 2002-2060 when connecting to a particular network, such as their home WiFi, but it goes away when they switch to a different network.
If you’re using your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data hotspot to see if not downloading games is solved. If so, you may need to reconfigure your router’s ports.
Read Also: How To Fix Nintendo Switch Error 2811-7503
Solution 7: Call Your ISP
The least you can do to solve the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060 is contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
Solution 8: Contact Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you then there is only one way left. Now you have to contact Nintendo customer support in order to solve Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060. Explain to them what issue is bothering you and they will assist you in the best manner to solve your matter.
Issues like the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060 are pretty common to appear on a gaming console since its mostly related to corrupted files or bad internet connectivity. But with the methods mentioned in this article, you can surely fix the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002-2060 in no time.
How do you fix a corrupted Nintendo switch?
To fix corrupted Nintendo Switch you have to follow this solution:
1. Update the Nintendo Switch
2. Check for the corrupted data
3. Power cycle your router
4. Call your ISP
5. Contact with Nintendo Switch support
Does SanDisk work with switch?
Yes, Sandisk is one of the finest SD card makers which provides high-quality cards to enhance the user experience. SanDisk cards work excellently in the Nintendo Switch.
How fast SD card can switch use?
Nintendo Switch Allows users to use UHS-1 cards which provide maximum speed up to 104MB/s. Meanwhile in the market UHS-2 is also available and provides speed up to 312MB/s but it might not work in your Nintendo Switch.