Minecraft on PS4: Minecraft has been on PlayStation for a long time, but never quite like this. Minecraft fans no longer have to be envious of their friends on other platforms, because the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft is on PlayStation 4.
Minecraft on PlayStation 4 supports split-screen play for you to build with friends. You can also play cross-platform with other devices running Minecraft. Supports PlayStation VR.
How much is Minecraft on PS4 2022?
Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition will cost $19.99
But if you have already purchased the PS3 version of the game either on disc or digitally can upgrade for $4.99 through the PlayStation Store.
(Microsoft is offering a similar deal for those who upgrade from Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition to the Xbox One version.)
Also Read: Minecraft Not Using GPU
Video Guide: How to Get Minecraft on PS4
What version of Minecraft is on PS4 2022?
PS4 version of Bedrock Edition gained access to servers on November 17, 2020 (in update 1.16.100), nearly a year after its initial transfer to Bedrock Edition. The retail version was released on October 3, 2014, and is still available for purchase.
The game’s DLC is still available in the PlayStation Store. Like the Xbox One Edition and Nintendo Switch Edition players, PlayStation 4 Edition owners can choose to download the Bedrock version for free, but not all DLC will be transferred. Like many games released on PlayStation 4, Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition can be played on PlayStation Vita via Remote Play.
How to Download Minecraft free on PS4?
Today I will explain how to download Minecraft for free on ps4 in a simple, fast, and legal way, to be able to test the famous Mojang title without having to pay anything. Minecraft is a paid game, but it can still be tried and played for free on PlayStation 4.
Mojang has decided to provide a demo version to users directly through the PlayStation Store, but your progress cannot be saved, so once the game is closed, your adventure cannot continue. Later, you can decide whether to stop your adventure or continue purchasing the full version of the game.
Also Read: How to Carve a Pumpkin in Minecraft
Best Video Guide For Minecraft On PS4
How to get Minecraft on PS4?
To get Minecraft on PS4 for free or to purchase the full version of Minecraft. We will explain all the steps below in detail follow the steps one by one to get the demo version and full version of Minecraft on PS4:
Step 1: Connect the PS4 to the Internet
- First, download Minecraft on your PS4
- To continue with the first method. You can use Wi-Fi or a LAN (Ethernet) cable to connect your PS4 system to the Internet.
- Select Settings
- Then Network > Set Up Internet Connection
Then follow the on-screen instructions to configure network settings.
Connecting with a LAN cable (for a wired connection)
- Select Use a LAN Cable.
- Select Easy and follow the on-screen instructions, setup is automatic.
Connecting with Wi-Fi (for a wireless connection)
- Select Use Wi-Fi
- Then select Easy to view a list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to, and then configure the settings.
If the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to is not found, select Set Up Manually, and then configure the settings.
Step 2: Log in to PlayStation Network
Once you have connected your PlayStation 4 to a working internet connection, you can proceed with the login PlayStation Network, which is the gateway to all Sony online services.
If you don’t have a PSN account yet, you can create it for free following the steps below:
- Go to the menu Settings
- Then PlayStation Network / Account Management
- Select New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account.
And then follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account.
Step 3: Subscribe to PlayStation Plus
PlayStation Plus is a membership service for PlayStation Network. As a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll be able to play select content without time or use restrictions, join your friends in multiplayer games, and enjoy other special features. You can also automatically back up saved data for games to online storage.
To subscribe to PlayStation Plus follow the steps below:
- Select PlayStation Plus
- Then Join PlayStation Plus from the function screen, and then purchase the subscription.
The subscription service membership automatically renews at the end of the subscription period.
Step 4: Download Minecraft for free on PS4
After signing up for PlayStation Plus, you’re ready to download the free demo of Minecraft on your PS4, to enter the world of the famous title Mojang.
Is Minecraft free on PS4? Yes Minecraft free version available on PS4
To download the free Minecraft demo, all you have to do is follow the given steps:
- Press the icon PlayStation Store on the console home screen
- Select the item Search present at the top.
- Type Minecraft and press the button X controller on top of box Minecraft: Edition PlayStation 4.
- Once this is done, simply press the button Free Trial, to start downloading the Minecraft demo.
At the end of the download, to start playing, simply press on Minecraft that will appear on the main screen of your PS4
Step 5: Buy the full version of Minecraft on PS4
After trying the free version of Minecraft, have you decided to buy the full version of Minecraft for PS4 but you don’t know how to do it?
No problem, I’ll just explain how to proceed.
- First, open the PlayStation Store,
- Go to Search at the top
- Type Minecraft in the search field.
- Now select the tile Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition from the list on the right
- Press the button X and choose your version and purchase it.
- Enter the details of the payment method chosen (ex. PayPal o Credit / Debit Card) and follow the instructions on the screen.
Alternatively, if the price of Minecraft on the PlayStation Store seems too high, you can try taking a look at the best discounts available online, for the boxed version of the game.
How much is a year of PS Plus?
This subscription is a paid-for ongoing subscription, and a regular subscription fee of $49.99 will be deducted from your wallet every year.
Choose PS Plus: 12-month membership and pay annually. Compared with a monthly payment (PS Plus: 1-month membership), you save 50%; compared with quarterly payment (PS Plus: 3 Month membership), you save 40%.
You can cancel your subscription at any time so that your subscription expires at the end of the current month. This will stop paying subscription fees in the future, but you will not receive a refund for what you paid.
Compare platforms and Features
- Supports eight players online, four players locally
- Comes bundled with DLC packs and skins
- Split-screen couch-co-op
- Skin, texture, and mash-up packs from the community!
- Cross-platform play for up to eight players across Windows 10 PCs, Android devices, iOS phones and tablets, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and virtual reality platforms
- Supports PlayStation VR
Hope you can now easily get your Minecraft on PS4 by following the given steps above. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs. Play alone or with up to seven PlayStation Network friends. if you want to know more about Minecraft/PS4 hit the comment box below to let us know.