Minecraft LAN not working?
This irritates us all. Don’t worry!
I will solve your problem in 6 Easy Ways, and how to direct connect Minecraft LAN on Windows 10.
Just work your way down the list of solutions until you find the one that works for you.
Why is my Minecraft lan not working?
LAN stands for Local Area Network. When your computer shows “Minecraft LAN not working”, It means Minecraft isn’t able to use LAN Connections or the computers are not on the same network or firewall blocking connections of Minecraft.
Can’t connect to Minecraft LAN?
In this article, you’ll find 6 different ways to solve the “Minecraft LAN connection timeout” or “Minecraft LAN not working” Erro on Windows 10
Solution 1: How do I unblock Minecraft on my firewall?
Sometimes Windows Firewall has blocked Minecraft executable file, that’s why LAN not working issue can occur. This can be fixed easily by following the steps below.
- Type Windows + X, then click on search.
- Now open Control Panel by searching it.
- Then go to the System and Security and select Windows Firewall.
- Now click ” Allow an app or feature through the Windows Firewall ” from the left side of the panel.
- See if the “javaw.exe” is checked, if not then click on change settings and check the box next to “javaw.exe”.
See if the LAN works for Minecraft or not. If it doesn’t then see the next solution.
Solution 2: Fix Minecraft LAN Not Working by Disabling AP Isolation
AP Isolation is a security feature on some routers. If it’s enabled, I’ll prevent devices on a wireless network from communicating directly with one another. All you need to do is to follow the steps below.
- Type the Windows +R button at the same time. The run box will appear.
- Type cmd in the Run box and click OK.
- Type “ipconfig” in the command window for Windows user and “ifconfig” for Linux and Mac user.
Type ping [IP address of the host player’s computer] then press Enter. You can now see the IP Address of the different computers.
(For example: If the two computers have IP addresses like 10.0.0.88 and 10.0.0.87 then in the first computer you will have to type ping 10.0.0.87 and on the second ping 10.0.0.88)
Solution 3: Connect to the same network
Make sure you and your friends are playing Minecraft on the same network. Connecting all the users to the same Local Network will surely help you out.
If none of these solutions helped you then you can be sure that your Game has a problem and the next solution are for fixing the Game’s issues.
Solution 4: Same version of Minecraft
You won’t be able to play with your friend having different versions of Minecraft.
By following the steps below you will be able to check the version and switch the version if there’s any computer not running the same version.
- Open Minecraft launcher and log into your profile.
- Select the edit profile in the bottom left corner.
- Select the latest version from the drop-down menu and click save the profile.
If this solution doesn’t work try other solutions.
Solution 5: Reinstalling Minecraft will make Minecraft LAN work
It’s the easiest solution. Sometimes your game data are corrupted and it can cause a “Minecraft LAN not working” error.
For this, all you have to do is uninstall the app, refresh the computer, and again install the app like you have done it previously.
Solution 6: Don’t use Minecraft Mods
At first, make sure you and your friend are using the same mod of Minecraft. Although all mods don’t cause this error it’s better to remove mods to fix the “Minecraft LAN not working” error.
I hope so this article helps you in fixing your error.
Let me know in the comments which solution worked for you.