Wondering Why is my Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working?
You must be thinking about How To Turn off Discord TTS?
One more feature in Discord allows you to play messages in a chat on the desktop version and that is TTS. Also, you can change the TTS voice in different accents and sounds.
But many users are facing Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working due to outdated Windows or some software bugs.
And to fix this we have a list of some useful solutions to solve your Discord TTS not working.
Solution 1: Turn On/Off Discord Text-to-Speech
Sometimes the Discord Text-to-Speech not working could be due to a simple communication or software glitch. So, it’s best to disable and enable Discord TTS.
Here’s how to Turn On/Off Discord Text-to-Speech:
- Log in to your Discord app.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner next to your username.
- Now select Accessibility.
- Then, under Text-To-Speech, make sure to turn Off and On the Allow playback and usage of /tts command.
- You can also set the speech speed using the slider in the Text-to-Speech Rate section and preview it.
- After saving the setting you need to relaunch Discord.
- Once TTS is turned on, check if Discord Text-to-Speech not working is solved.
If you still can’t fix Discord TTS not working then continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Enable Discord Text-to-Speech for all channels
If you have selected the Never option in Discord TTS notification settings then you will be facing Discord Text-to-Speech not working.
So, let’s Enable Discord Text-to-Speech for all channels:
- Click the settings icon in the bottom left corner next to your username.
- Now select Notifications.
- Then check if the Never option is selected under Text-To-Speech Notifications.
- If it is elected then change it to For All Channels or For Current Selected Channel.
- After saving the setting, launch Discord to see if Discord TTS not working is fixed.
Solution 3: Update Windows 11 to Fix Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working
Sometimes your outdated PC is the main cause of the Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working
For the best performance of your PC, you need to make sure that your Windows OS is up to date.
and with new updates, the Discord TTS Not Working will be fixed.
So, here is how you can update your Windows 11 OS:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon and a new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates button.
- If there is any update it will start updating the PC
- It will take some time to update Windows OS and after that, you can restart your PC.
- And launch discord to check if Discord Text-to-Speech not working is fixed.
If updating Windows didn’t fix your Discord TTS not working then continue to the next solution.
Solution 4: Update Audio Diver to Fix Discord TTS Not Working
The sound driver installed on Windows 11 may be outdated due to which Windows 11 Discord TTS Not Working or,
But it’s worth trying to Update Sound Diver on Windows 11:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Now look for Sound drivers in the list
- Right-click on it and then select Update driver
- In the popup window, you will see two options and you have to select the first one saying Search automatically for drivers
- Now follow the on-screen instructions for the updates to install.
- And check if Windows 11 Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working is fixed or not.
Solution 5: Reset Speaker Settings to Stereo Playback
To fix Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working on Discord on Windows 10/11 make sure that your speakers are set as the default communication device.
For that you need to follow the steps:
- Right-click on the sound/volume icon at the bottom-right on your taskbar.
- Click on Sound Settings.
- The System > Sound Windows will open
- Now scroll down to the end of the settings and click on the “More sound settings“
- A sound window will open
- Under the Playback, section right-clicks on the output device and selects Set as Default Device.
- Then again repeat the step and select Set as Default Communication Device.
- Right-click again on your Speakers, then press on Configure Speakers.
- Select the Stereo option on that window if an alternative one is selected.
- Click on the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Relaunch Discord and Windows 10/11 will Discord Text-to-Speech Not Working be fixed.
We hope you get to fix Discord Text-to-Speech not working and if you still can’t fix it then try restarting your PC and launch Discord again.
If you got any questions relating to Discord TTS not working then let us know in the comment section below