Did you just get to know that your CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome History or other unnecessary files?
It’s not a big issue as other users also face CCleaner won’t Clean Chrome from time to time.
So, you don’t need to worry much as we have a list of 5 useful solutions for you to get rid of CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome history in the guide below.
Solution 1: End Browser Process On Windows 11
According to the CCleaner forum Chrome-related background processes running on PC lead to CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome.
So, it’s best to end all the Chrome-related processes from Task Manager on Windows 11 and then try again.
Just follow the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Right-click on Google Chrome and select End Task
- And check if the CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome History is solved or not.
If ending the Chrome-related tasks didn’t help you fix CCleaner doesn’t Clean Chrome then
continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable “background apps when Google Chrome is closed” Feature
So, to fix CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome History you need to disable the ‘Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed’ feature from settings.
Make sure you are signed in to Chrome before trying this solution
Just follow the steps below:
- Go to Chrome’s Settings by clicking the menu icon represented as three dots in the upper-right corner of the browser.
- Click on Systems from the left panel of Chrome settings.
- Now disable by clicking the switch called Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed
- Now run CCleaner and check if you get to solve CCleaner won’t Clean Chrome History.
If CCleaner Skipping Cleaning Chrome then, continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Make Changes To CCleaner Settings
If your last 24 hours’ data is not cleaned by CCleaner then this solution will help you solve CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome.
So, just follow the steps below:
- Launch CCleaner from the Desktop shortcut
- Select ‘Options’ on the left-hand side and then click on Advanced
- Uncheck Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24 hours option.
- Now CCleaner won’t skip Google Chrome history or any other unnecessary files as well.
If you still didn’t get to fix CCleaner doesn’t Clean Chrome, then continue to the next solution.
Solution 4: Reinstall CCleaner On the Desktop
If you couldn’t fix CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome History then one thing you can try is reinstalling CCleaner.
As it could be due to a corrupted installation of the CCleaner before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the CCleaner follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for the CCleaner and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to CCleaner’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch CCleaner and you should be able to clean Chrome history or other files.
And if this didn’t work in fixing CCleaner Won’t Clean Chrome then continue to the next fix.
Solution 5: Contact CCleaner Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve CCleaner Won’t Clean Chrome History then, you can contact CCleaner support and let them know about your problem in detail.
Their team will respond to you within 24 hours.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve CCleaner Not Cleaning Chrome.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section
What’s the latest version of CCleaner for Windows?
The latest version of CCleaner for Windows is 6.01.9825 and it’s available for download.
What happened CCleaner?
In September 2017, CCleaner 5.33 came with a Floxif trojan horse that could install a backdoor, enabling remote access to 2.27 million infected machines.
What do you do when CCleaner asks you to close Chrome?
Whenever CCleaner asks you to close Chrome click Yes to allow CCleaner to close Google Chrome.