Are your AirPods Connected but No Sound?
You just bought a new pair of AirPods and on connecting there’s No sound?
You really don’t need to worry as other users are facing the same issue but in the post below we will tell you some easy solutions to get over AirPods Not Working.
Video guide: AirPods Not Working
Solution 1: Try Cleaning Your AirPods
If you are a frequent user of AirPods then you should know that they attract a lot of dirt that can damage the proximity sensors which in return can lead to AirPods Connected but No Sound.
So, you should need to keep your AirPods clean regularly and for that, you can do is:
- Use 70% isopropyl alcohol in water to wipe the external surface of the AirPods except for the speaker mesh.
- Try to clean using a soft cloth
- And you can use a cotton bud to clean the joints and spaces.
If you are still not satisfied then move on to the next solution to solve AirPods Connected but No Sound.
Solution 2: Check For AirPods Charging to Fix AirPods Connected but No Sound
As you know any wireless earphone needs to be charged regularly and the same thing is with the AirPods. The AirPods should be able to last for up to 5 hours on music and 2-3 hours on phone calls. The AirPods can have a battery life of a total of 24 hours on music and up to 11 hours on calls when in case.
If AirPods Not Playing Sound, then there’s a chance that your AirPods have run out of battery.
So, here’s what you need to do:
- Put both AirPods in their charging case.
- If the battery is too low then you need to charge them for at least 35 to 40 minutes.
- After charging take out them from the case and after connecting to your iPhone check if AirPods Not Working is fixed.
And if you are still facing AirPods Connected but No Sound then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Adjust the Volume of the AirPods
Sometimes the sound isn’t balanced in both of the Airpods leading to AirPods Connected but No Sound so, it’s best to adjust the volume from the settings so that the same volume can be produced in both of the AirPods.
Here’s how to Adjust the Volume of the AirPods:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Head to Accessibility > Hearing > Audio/Visual
- Now under the Balance make sure that the slider is in between the L and R so, that an equal amount of sound can be produced in both the earbuds.
- And try connecting your AirPods with your iPad/iPhone and see if AirPods Connected but No Sound is fixed.
Solution 4: Update Your iPhone to Fix AirPods Connected but No Sound
Sometimes you are running your iPhone on an older version of the software which can lead to AirPods Connected but No Sound.
Mostly your AirPods get updated automatically when connected with your iOS device through a Wi-Fi connection but to be on the safe side it’s best to check for iOS updates.
Here’s how you can update your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Then select Software Update.
- If there are any updates they will get installed and it will take just a few minutes.
- After that, you can try connecting your AirPod to your iOS device and check if AirPods Not Working is fixed.
If updating your iPhone didn’t fix AirPods Connected but No Sound then, continue to the next solution.
Solution 5: Disable Automatic Ear Detection
The Automatic ear detection feature helps the users whenever you insert the AirPods in your ears, the iOS device detects it and starts the audio/video playback instantly and the same case is when you put them back in the case the music stops.
But users sometimes the audio gets paused leading to AirPods No Sound so, here’s how to Disable Automatic Ear Detection:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth
- Select the AirPods
- And toggle OFF Disable Automatic Ear Detection.
- Now check whether AirPods No Sound is fixed or not.
Solution 6: Reset Your AirPods to Fix AirPods Not Working
If any of the above solutions didn’t work for you then you need to reset the Airpods to fix AirPods Connected but No Sound.
But first, you need to remove the AirPods from the Bluetooth device list.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth
- Now tap on the ‘i’ button next to your AirPods.
- On the next screen, tap on the ‘Forget this device’ option and click Confirm.
- Now place your AirPods inside the case and wait for 30 seconds
- While the lid of the case opens press the setup button on the case for at least 15 seconds until you see an amber light.
- Your AirPods have been reset successfully and now you can pair them, with your iOS device by placing the case near your iPhone.
- After they are connected check if AirPods Not Playing Sound is fixed.
Solution 7: Reset Network Settings
If resetting the AirPods didn’t fix AirPods Not Working then the least you can do is try resetting your Network settings.
This solution will remove all the Bluetooth devices, WI-FI networks, and call settings.
So, here’s how to Reset Network Settings on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > General
- Now select Reset, and then tap on the Reset Network Settings option.
- After resting you can connect your AirPods through Bluetooth and see if AirPods Connected but No Sound is fixed.
I hope the above-listed solutions helped you fix AirPods Connected but No Sound and if you still can’t figure out the problem then the problem might be in the hardware.
So, it’s best you should visit your nearest Apple Store and if it’s not in warranty then they will charge you some amount.
And if you got any questions regarding AirPods Not Working then let us know in the comments section below.
How To Fix AirPods Not Working?
You can fix AirPods Not Working by reconnecting them and you can do this by toggling the Bluetooth OFF
And after a few seconds, you can turn the Bluetooth ON and if your AirPods are already in the case then they will pair quickly.
How To Fix AirPods Connected but No Sound? AirPods No Sound?
To fix AirPods Connected but No Sound you can restart your iOS device.
For that you need to:
1. Press and hold the power button for some seconds and your device will restart.
2. After restarting you can turn your Bluetooth on and pair your AirPods.
3. Try playing any music and see if AirPods Connected but No Sound is fixed.
Are AirPods Waterproof?
No, AirPods aren’t waterproof as it was impossible to make speakers waterproof without impeding their sound quality.
Can someone use stolen AirPods?
Yes, stolen Airpods can be used with any iOS device even if you have a case.