Windows 11 is the latest version of the operating system by Microsoft that has come with fairly new improvements but the same old functionalities to manage storage drives. But it does have its ways with improved security and everything.
Quite often, to save on the budget, you might get to how to install a second hard drive Windows 11 since it’s more budget-friendly. In the worst-case scenario, this hard drive may not show up on Windows 11 after installation because you haven’t followed the proper method.
To install a second hard drive on Windows 11 properly, you have to initialize the hard drive from Disk Management. Then you have to allocate space as a new partition to this new hard drive’s storage capacity.
To explain things more clearly, we have written this step-by-step guide on how to install a second hard drive Windows 11.
Video Guide: How to Install a Second Hard Drive Windows 11
How to Install a Second Hard Drive Windows 11
Here is how to install a second hard drive Windows 11 by following the step-by-step method:
- Launch the Windows 11
- Go to the Windows icon on the Taskbar
- Right-click on the Windows icon
- The small menu will pop up
- Left-click on the Disk Management
- Two windows will pop up
- One is Disk Management Window and another one is the Initialize Disk Window.
- Select GPT (GUID Partition Table) for modern approach.
- Click on the OK button
- Now you can see Disk 1 and Disk 0 options on the bottom of the Disk Management
- Disk 0 represent the unallocated new Hard Drive you just installed on your PC
- While Disk 1 represents your already installed Hard Drive on your PC
- Right-click on the Disk 0
- A small menu will open
- Select New Simple Volume
- New Simple Volume Wizard will Open
- Click on the Next button
- Now you can see the maximum space of the second Hard Drive in Windows 11
- Click on the Next button
- In the next window, you have to assign a letter from A to Z to the new drive
- Click on the drop-down menu
- Select any letter you like to set
- Click on the Next button to proceed to the next window
- Format partition window will open
- Select the Format this volume with the following settings:
- Select File system: NTFS
- Allocation unit: Default
- On the Volume label write any name you like of the Second Hard drive
- Check the box of the Perform a quick format
- Now click on the Next button
- In the final window, you have all the information of setting you set for the new Hard Drive
- Click on the “Finish” button
- The formatting Of second hard drive will start
- When the formatting will finish
- In the Disk 0 box, your drive is recognized with the name you set plus Healthy (Basic Data Partition) will be written
- Congratulations! Your Second Hard Drive in Windows 11 is successfully set up.
Does adding a second hard drive increase speed?
Can you have 2 hard drives with Windows?
Yes, you can have 2 hard drives with Windows. You can combine two drives into a single hard drive.
Is it bad to have 2 hard drives?
Now that you have learned how to install a second hard drive Windows 11, you can always upgrade storage space on Windows 11 on your computer system by yourself without ever running low on storage space. As long as you have installed the hard drive properly, setting it up via the operating system is only a matter of minutes. Hopefully, this guide was helpful, if you have any queries, let us know in the comments.
Can you dual boot with Windows 11?
Yes, you can Dual Boot with Windows 11. Dual boot enables the user to enjoy two opreating systems on the same PC. For example, the Windows 10 user can keep the Windows 10 and also can test and use the Windows 11 on same PC
How do I get into BIOS on Windows 11?
Here Is how you can get into BIOS on Windows 11?
1. Press Windows key + R.
2. Type shutdown /r /o /f /t 00 and press Enter.
3. Now the Windows will restart
4. After the Windows 11 restarts, you will see a Choose an option screen.
5. Click on Troubleshoot.
6. And choose Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings options.
7. Click on the Restart button and you will be able to Open BIOS Settings On Windows 11.
How do I enable TPM?
Here is how you can enable TPM:
1. Go in BIOS of Your PC by restarting the PC
2. When the manufacturer logo comes press “F12 or F10, or F9” different keys will with different brands of PC
3. Now BIOS menu will open
4. Select the BIOS setup
5. Then go in “Security” a further menu will open
6. Select “PTT Security” on the right side a window will open
7. Check the “PTT On” box
8. Now click on save and exit
9. Now your TPM chip activated
10. After activating the TPM chip now we will proceed to download Windows 11 to Clean Install Windows 11.