Dev Error 6068 Modern Warfare(COD)? DirectX, Overlock?
Are you getting the above error on the screen?
You don’t need to worry honestly because you are not alone in this
as many users who have been playing COD Warzone experienced Dev Error 6068
whenever they try to launch their game or during the game.
So, we have compiled a list of useful solutions for you to solve COD Warzone Dev Error 6068 below.
But if you want to know the cause behind the error then continue reading down below.
Why does Dev error 6068 occur?
Dev error 6068 can occur due to the following reasons:
- Outdated graphics driver.
- Windows 10 not updated
- Corrupted files of DirectX
- Game settings are not fully optimized.
How do I fix Dev error 6068?
- Adjusting Video Memory Scale option.
- Updating Windows 10.
- Changing game settings to fullscreen
- Run Modern warfare as administrator
Solution 1: Update Your Graphics Driver
As COD Warzone Dev Error 6068 is mostly related to outdated graphics driver
so why not update the graphics driver:
- Press Windows + X keys.
- Select Device Manager
- Now click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on Update driver
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software
- Now the updated version of the graphic driver will be downloaded and installed.
Solution 2: Run Modern Warefare as Administrator to Fix Dev Error 6068
If the above solution is not working then you should try running COD as Administrator
as sometimes your Modern warfare might not have the proper rights
And you can do this by:
- Right-click on the Modern Warfare(ModernWarfare.exe) launcher file
- Select properties.
- Now in the pop-up window go to the compatibility tab.
- Then click the box next to Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
- Launch the game and COD Warzone Dev Error 6068 will be fixed.
You can do the same steps for the Battle.net launcher.
Solution 3: Run COD Warzone with DirectX 11
Some users have been able to solve modern warfare DirectX error when they run it through DirectX 11.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch Battle.net client.
- Now select Call of Duty: MW.
- Click Options > Game Settings.
- Tick the check box saying Additional command line arguments.
- In the text box type -d3d11
- And press Done.
- Launch Warfare COD and check if Dev Error 6068 is solved.
Solution 4: Adjust COD Modern Warfare Graphics Settings
You can run your game on full screen to overcome COD Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068.
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Go to Settings > Graphics.
- Click on Display Mode and select Fullscreen Borderless.
If this solution didn’t fix your Dev Error 6068 then try the next solution for Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068
Solution 5: Change Video Memory Scale
A high video memory scale can lead to COD Warzone Dev Error 6068
so let’s change it:
- Make sure you quit COD Warzone.
- Now go to Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
- Look for adv_options.ini.
- Right-click on the folder and open it on Notepad.
- Press Ctrl + F and search the VideoMemoryScale.
- Change it to 0.5 and save it.
- Launch Warzone and check if Warfare Dev Error 6068 is solved.
Solution 6: Disable DirectX Raytracing and Crossplay
Here’s how you can disable it;
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Go to Settings > Graphics
- Under Shadow & Lighting Disable DirectX Raytracing.
- Now click on Account.
- Diable Crossplay option.
- And Launch the game to check if modern warfare DirectX error is fixed.
Solution 7: Check For Updates Windows 10
Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date as an outdated version of it may lead to COD Warzone Dev Error 6068.
So here’s how you can check for updates:
- Press Windows key + I to open settings.
- Click on Update & Security
- Now click on check for updates and wait for Windows to download and install the updates if any.
- After updating restart your PC and launch Warzone.
I hope the above solutions solved Modern Warefare dev error 6068 and if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.