Recently many LOL players are complaining about getting Error 0xc0000005 League of Legends while launching the client.
One of the forum users share that whenever they tried to log in to the LOL game, the client give this error.
A Reddit user also complained about getting Error 0xc0000005 and League of Legends Won’t Open.
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the 7 best working solutions to solve Error 0xc0000005 on League of Legends.
Solution 1: Restart the Game To Fix Error 0xc0000005 League of Legends
Whenever you encounter error 0xc0000005 League of Legends and any other game bug, you should restart the game before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the game will eliminate any temporary error which is occurring due to the old cookies and cache or the system’s other software is clashing with your gaming software.
All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the PC or any other platform you use.
Solution 2: Check the Server Status
Sometimes the League of Legends servers are down for maintenance or have any technical issues.
So, it is better to check the server status before applying any further solutions.
To check the server status of the LOL game, follow the steps mentioned down below:
- Go to Riot server-status official website
- The homepage will open
- Now select your game
- League Of Legends server status page will open
- Now select your region
- And check if there is a problem or not.
If the server is not down then follow the next solution to solve 0xc0000005 League of Legends.
Solution 3: Run the Application as Administrator
Running the program as an administrator will help you eradicate the Error 0xc0000005 League of Legends” as it might lack the privileges required to run the Application.
Here is how you can run the application as an administrator:
- Open the Desktop.
- Then go to the Game Launcher
- Right-click on the Launcher icon
- A menu will open
- Select “Run as administrator “
Now the program will start running smoothly without giving you the error “League of Legends Won’t Open“
If you are still facing 0xc0000005 on LOL, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Close Unwanted Programs on Windows 11/10
If the above solution didn’t work, closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the 0xc0000005 League of Legends error.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the “League of Legends Client Won’t Open” is solved or not.
Still, facing the League of Legends error 0xc0000005?
Then continue to the next fix
Solution 5: Use Hextech Repair Tool
Many of the users on the forums are telling the players to use Hextech Repair Tool. This tool is generated by the publisher of the game.
This tool is free to download and help user to repair the broken update patch, screen issues, and many more issue that can be solved by this tool.
After using the HexTech Repair Tool if you still face the Error code 0xc0000005 League of Legends then continue to the PC troubleshoot solutions.
Solution 6: Check Antivirus Software
Sometimes the third-party antivirus you installed is preventing you from playing games.
So you need to disable the antivirus for a few minutes to check if the antivirus is preventing League of Legends to load properly.
In order, to disable the antivirus follow the step below:
- Select the arrow button on the taskbar a Small menu will open.
- Then click left on the Avast antivirus icon.
- The setting menu will open and select ” Avast shield control “
- In a further menu, you will select the “ Disable for 10 minutes“ option
- Now restart the game.
If the antivirus is not causing the Error code 0xc0000005 League of Legends then the upcoming solution will definitely help you.
Solution 7: Reinstall the League of the Legends
Reinstalling the LOL game will help to get rid of the League of Legends Won’t Open/Error 0xc0000005 League of Legends.
Reinstalling the Game helps many players.
But, we recommend trying the above solutions before uninstalling the app.
Here is how you uninstall the LOL on a PC:
- Press Windows +S to open the search dialogue
- Type the control panel and choose the matching option
- After that set the “View by” as the “Large Icons” option on the right top corner
- Select the Programs and Features then find the “League of the Legends“
- Right-click on the LOL then Uninstall option pop-upp, select the option and follow the process
- Now your game is uninstalled successfully.
- Now you can go to the League of Legends website to download the latest version.
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve the 0xc0000005 League of Legends.
If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.
Our Social Handles!