A Steam Deck is a powerful tool, but like any electronic device, it relies on a healthy battery to function properly.
The battery is a crucial component that needs to be properly maintained when it comes to Steam Deck.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of checking the battery health of your Steam Deck so you can ensure it is in top condition and also you will be able to enable your battery percentage in easy steps.
Also Read: How To Install Google Chrome on Steam Deck in 2 Easy Steps
Checking Steam Deck Battery Health
This is the easiest way to check your Steam Deck battery health:
- Hold the Steam Deck power button to bring up the power menu.
- Then select Switch to Desktop to switch over to the Linux desktop.
- Make sure the desktop version of Steam is running
- Click on the Application launcher located at the bottom left corner of your Steam Deck
- Now go to System > Info Center
- On the Info center page click on Energy on the left-hand side panel and you will be able to see your console’s battery health
And if you want to keep a track of your Steam Deck battery percentage or you can’t see your battery percentage then continue reading
Also Read: How To Install Discord on Steam Deck in 4 Easy Steps
How To Enable Battery Percentage on Steam Deck?
Whether you’re on the go or just need to know how much battery life you have left, knowing your battery percentage can give you peace of mind but for that, you need to enable Battery Percentage on Steam Deck:
- Press the Steam button to open up the steam menu
- Tap on Settings on the left
- Now, navigate to the General tab and toggle ON Battery Percentage
- You will see the battery level in percentage at the top next to the battery icon
With these simple steps, you can now easily check your Steam Deck’s battery level and health at any time.
We hope you found this guide helpful and do let us know how was your experience while exploring the Steam Deck settings in the comments section below
How do I know when my Steam Deck is fully charged?
If the LED is lit it means its charging and the LED will remain lit until the Steam Deck is fully charged
How long is the Steam Deck battery life?
According to Valve, the Steam Deck has a battery life of 2-8 hours, but it can drain in less than 2 hours
How long should I charge my Steam Deck?
Your ATeam takes 2.5 hours to fully charge as the max charging speed of Steam Deck is 45W
Can I use my Steam Deck while it’s charging?
Yes, you can use your Steam Deck while it’s charging, but it’s best to use it while it’s plugged in, to avoid overloading the battery and avoid playing for long hours
What should I do if my Steam Deck’s battery level is low and I don’t have time to charge it?
If you’re in a hurry, you can try closing any unnecessary apps or background processes to save battery, or you can connect the Steam Deck to a power bank to charge it while you’re on the go