So, you just updated your Avast to the latest version, and your Avast is loading with a black screen upon opening?
We know that you will be really worried right now!
but it’s not much of a big deal because we have 5 easy solutions for you to get rid of Avast Black Screen Error in the guide below.
5 Causes Why Avast Black Screen Error Occurs?
Solution 1: End Avast Process On Windows 11
The first thing you can do to fix Avast black screen error is to end all the processes related to Avast from Task Manager on Windows 11
So, Let’s End the Avast Process:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Right-click on Avast and select End Task
- Now check if you get to fix Avast black screen.
Solution 2: Keep your PC Updated
As you update your Windows, all the drivers are updated too and this will fix the error.
So, here is how you can update your PC:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update, it will start updating the PC
- After the updating is done check if the “Avast black screen Error” is fixed or not.
If Updating your system didn’t work out then try the next solution.
Read More: Avast Won’t Open? 7 Easy Fixes to Solve NOW!
Solution 3: Adding Exception To Avast
If you are facing Avast Black Screen Error after you got the latest update then
You need to add some files to your exceptions
Just follow the steps below:
- Launch Avast on your PC.
- Select Menu at the top-right corner of Avast.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- From the left sidebar, choose General > Exceptions
- Click on Add Advanced Exception > File/Folder
- Add the following files to the Avast exception list:
Now restart the PC and check if you get to fix it
And if you are still facing Avast causing a black screen error then continue to the next solution.
Read More: Avast Error Code 0x0000a48a
Solution 4: Reinstall Avast On the Desktop
If you can’t fix Avast Black Screen Error then one thing you can try is reinstalling Avast.
As it could be due to a corrupted installation of the Avast before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the Avast follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for the Avast and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to Avast’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch Avast and you should be able to fix Avast Black Screen Error
If not then try the next solution.
Solution 5: Contact Avast Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve Avast Error black screen then, you can contact Avast support and let them know about your problem in detail.
Their team will respond to you within 24 hours.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve Avast Black Screen Error.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section
Why Is My Avast Running but It Won’t Open When I Click on It?
There are many possible causes for this issue such as the installation process is not yet complete, so, try restarting the Avast.
Why does Avast UI fail to load?
It is usually caused by the incorrect configuration of Avast services.