If you’re a fan of The Last of Us, you know how frustrating it can be when the game crashes on your PlayStation 4.
Whether you’re in the middle of a race or just starting up the game, a crash can ruin your gaming experience and leave you feeling frustrated and annoyed.
Here is one of the players sharing their experience on Reddit.
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve The Last of Us Remastered keeps Crashing on PS4.
Solution 1: Restart Your PS4
Whenever you encounter a crashing issue or any game bug, you should restart the PS4.
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary error occurring due to the old cache.
So here is how You can restart your PS4:
- Open the PS4
- Use the “L” KEY to move up the menu
- Move right to the Power option and press the key “X”
- A new window will open then select Power Options
- Power Window will open select the Restart PS4 option
- And you will be able to restart the PS4 successfully.
Solution 2: Check For Game Updates
Sometimes the outdated version of the app can lead to The Last of Us Remastered Crashing on PS4 so, it’s best you update your game.
Here’s how to update The Last of Us Remastered on PS4:
- On your PlayStation home screen highlight Last of Us Remastered
- Then on your PS4 controller, press the ‘Options’ button, and then choose the Check for updates’ option
- Now select the ‘download and update’ option if a new version is available
- Wait while the latest version is being downloaded and installed.
- Now run the app to see if you get to fix Crashing on PS4.
And if you are still facing the same issue then continue reading.
Solution 3: Check For System Software Updates
Sometimes your console is outdated and it’s unable to run new features of the game. And eventually, you face The Last of Us Remastered Crashing on PS4.
Make sure your PS4 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS4 software?
So, you will be checking and updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS4 controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update if your PS4 is not up to date.
Solution 4: Delete Saved Game Data
If you think nothing has changed, you can erase the saved data of The Last of Us Remastered.
Before you begin if you are a PlayStation Plus member then you will be a USB flash drive with enough space to save your backup.
Just follow the steps given below:
- On your Home page press UP on the D-pad to go to the Function menu.
- Go to the Settings icon and press the X button to open it.
- Now click on the Application Saved Data Management option by pressing the X button.
- Then click on Saved Data in System Storage
- Select the game in which you are having trouble and press the options button to delete it.
- After deleting you can restore the data by repeating step 3.
Solution 5: Rebuild Database On PS4
PS4 rebuild database organizes your hard drive to make it easier and quicker for the system to access your files.
This can help in faster data loading, reduce ‘game crashing’, and boost the frame rates which in return will help you fix The Last of Us Remastered Crashing on PS4.
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your PS4
- Hold the Power button down until you hear two quick beeps. This will alert you that you have entered Safe Mode
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to the USB-A slot in the front of the PS4
- Scroll down in the menu and select, Rebuild Database
And if didn’t then continue to the next one.
Solution 6: Initialize in Safe Mode
By initializing your console all the system settings will be restored to default or you can say factory reset and this is the least you can do to solve your problem
Make sure the external USB drive should be large enough to store your PS4 data and should be formatted to FAT
How do I start my PS4 in Safe Mode?
The following steps will guide you to back up your PS4 first and then initialize it in safe mode.
- Connect your USB drive to your PS4
- Go to PS4 Settings and select System
- Select Back Up and Restore > Back Up PS4
- Now select the data you want to backup and select Next
- Assign a name to your backup and choose Back Up
- Press the X button on your controller and your data will start backing up
- Unplug your USB drive from the console after your data is fully backed up
- Now go back to PS4 Settings and scroll down to choose Initialization
- Select Initialize PS4 > Full initialization
- Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Remember DO NOT turn your PS4 OFF during initialization as this will bring some irrecoverable damages to your PS4
Most users suggest using Safe Mode while initialization which is more effecting
And here’s how you can enable it
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing the power button on the front panel
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode
- Select Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) option.
Solution 7: Contact PS4 Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about The Last of Us Remastered crashing on PS4 on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error
And still, if you got any questions relating to this then do mention them in the comments section.