Can’t connect browser on PS4?
No need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue.
So, just calm down because we have prepared a list of some official solutions to solve PS4 WV-33898-1.
What is PS4 error WV-33898-1?
PS4 error WV-33898-1 is when you open a browser on PS4 and try to access a specific web page and it results in WV-33898-1.
What are the causes of PS4 WV-33898-1?
Some causes of PS4 WV-33898-1 are listed below:
- The PSN server may be down
- The wifi signal strength must be weak
- DNS settings may not be accurate.
Related: PS4 Controller Not Charging?
Best Video Guide For PS4 WV-33898-1
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your browser on PS4 is working properly then PS4 WV-33898-1 might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance.
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
If you think there’s an internet problem then follow the next solution to fix PS4 WV-33898-1.
Also Read: PS4 Error CE-36329-3
Solution 2: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix PS4 WV-33898-1
If the above solution didn’t work then power cycling your router has worked for some users in fixing the PS4 WV-33898-1 browser on PS4
How do I auto power cycle my router?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the browser for PS4 is working properly or not.
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
You should have a powerful router like the one below to overcome PS4 WV-33898-1 PSN resolve.
Solution 3: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
How do I improve my Wi-Fi Speed?
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check PS4 browser WV-33898-1 is solved or not.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have PS4 WV-33898-1 then move to the next solution.
Also Read: PS4 Errors: Complete List [Solved]
Solution 4: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS4?
There is some faulty DNS error that may cause PS4WV-33898-1.
So let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network Settings.
- Select View Connection status and write down IP Address, Subnet Mask, and the Default Gateway.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now select Custom > IP Address Settings > Manual
- For Primary settings enter 22.214.171.124 and for Secondary 126.96.36.199 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS4 to check if the PSN resolve WV-33898-1 is solved or not.
Solution 5: Check for System Software Update to Fix WV-33898-1
If changing DNS didn’t fix the browser for PS4 then you need to update your PS4 System software to the latest version.
- Go to your PS4 home screen
- From settings select System Software Update
- If there are any updates, select Next and then Update
- After the updates are downloaded a Notifications window will pop up
- Select Downloads to install the downloaded updates
- Restart PS4 and your PS4 WV-33898-1 will be fixed.
Solution 6: Call Your ISP to Fix Browser on PS4
The least you can do to solve the browser on PS4 is contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
Solution 7: Contact PS4 Support
The last way you can sort out WV-33898-1 is to Contact PS4 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS4 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PS4 WV-33898-1.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
Why can’t I connect to the server on my PS4?
What to do when your PS4 says Cannot connect to the server within the time limit?
1. Check your internet connection.
2. Try to change your DNS settings.
3. Check PSN service status.
4. Power cycle your router.