PS4 error CE-34878-0 has occurred?
You must be seeing the above error message on your screen.
What does Error Code CE 34878 0 mean on ps4?
Error Code CE 34878 0 means that the game you were playing has been crashed.
PS4 error code has occurred in the following games
- NBA 2K19
- Apex Legends
- Red Dead Online
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
So if you are receiving PS4 Error CE-34878-0 message frequently and wondering
Why does my games keeps crashing PS4?
Your game keeps crashing PS4 because your PS4 software is not of the latest version.
How do I fix error CE 34878 0 on ps4?
You can fix error CE 34878 0 on PS4 by following the steps in Solution 2.
I have listed 6 different solutions that Actually Work.
So, let’s start and help you fix ps4 from crashing.
Solution 1: Restart to Fix PS4 Game Error
This error can be caused by Hardware faulty so you just need to start your PS4 console and controller to get it to work again
Here’s how you do it:
- Turn off your PS4 console completely
- And turn your PS4 controller off too
- Reboot your PS4 console first and then the controller
- Launch your game which was crashing and see if it’s fixed
If not then try the next solution
Solution 2: Check for System Software Update
Here’s how you can check for updates
- Go to your PS4 home screen
- From settings select System Software Update
- If there are any updates, select Next and then Update
- After the updates are downloaded a Notifications window will pop up
- Select Downloads to install the downloaded updates
- Restart PS4 and your PS4 Error CE-34878-0 will be fixed
Solution 3: Update Your PS4 Game to Fix PS4 Error CE-34878-0
To update your PS4 application follow these steps:
- Go to the game library on your PS4 and choose the game you want to update
- Press the Options button on your PS4 controller to open the side menu
- Select Check for Update
- And if there are any updates just follow the instructions to finish the installation update
Solution 4: Reinstall Your Game
If the update solution didn’t work then try reinstalling your game
Just follow the steps below:
- First, you need to save your game data by going to PS4 Settings > Application Saved Data Management
- Now select the method through which you can save your game data
- Saved Data in System Storage saves data within the PS4 system
- Saved Data in USB Storage Device which will save data in your USB drive if it’s connected to your PS4
- Follow the on-screen instructions and save the game
- Now go back to PS4 Settings and uninstall the game
- Go to System Storage Management > Applications
- Select the game which causes the error and press the Options button and then select Delete from the menu
- Restart your PS4 and reinstall the game and it will run without PS4 Error CE-34878-0.
Solution 5: Turn Off Face Recognition to Fix PS4 Error CE-34878-0
For a better gaming experience, some gamers connect PS camera to PS4 but sometime this might lead to error
So let’s remove the camera and Restart your PS4
- Go to PS4 Settings > Devices > Turn off Devices
- Select the camera to turn it off and restart your PS4
- Go to Settings > User > Login Settings
- Uncheck Enable Face Recognition option
- Start your game to check if the error is no more.
Solution 6: Initialize Your PS4 in Safe Mode
By initializing your console all the system settings will be restored to default or you can say factory reset
Make sure the external USB drive should be large enough to store your PS4 data and should be formatted to FAT
So lets back up on PS4 and initialize:
- Connect your USB drive to your PS4
- Go to PS4 Settings and select System
- Select Back Up and Restore > Back Up PS4
- Now select the data you want to backup and select Next
- Assign a name to your backup and choose Back Up
- Press the X button on your controller and your data will start backing up
- Unplug your USB drive from the console after your data is fully backed up
- Now go back to PS4 settings and scroll down to choose Initialization
- Select Initialize PS4 > Full initialization
- Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Remember DO NOT turn your PS4 OFF during initialization as this will bring some irrecoverable damages to your PS4
Most users suggest using Safe Mode while initialization which is more effecting
And here’s how you can enable it
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing the power button on the front panel
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode
- Select Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) option.
Just let me know which solution best suits you
Ask any question you want to in the comment section