Did you just face the “Minecraft failed to Authenticate your connection” pop-up on your screen?
It for sure would have upset you.
Firstly, What does Failed to Authenticate mean?
Mostly this error occurs due to a problem with the Minecraft server.
One thing is for sure: the Minecraft server authentication error can be fixed easily. So, just stick along and resolve your error right now.
4 Easy Solutions to Minecraft Failed to Authenticate Your Connection
Why does Hypixel say failed to authenticate your connection?
If you are using Hypixel Minecraft servers then this error is very common in it. This error is mostly caused when your internet connection isn’t stable or there is a glitch in the Minecraft server.
Wondering why can’t Minecraft authenticate my connection?
I have put together 4 possible workable and easy solutions for you to try.
Solution 1: Power-cycle the Router
Sometimes “Minecraft failed to Authenticate your connection” occurs because the internet cache is corrupted. This can also cause the “Connection Timeout” error.
All you have to do is to power-cycle your router.
- Unplug the router from the socket.
- Long-press the router “power” button for at least 15 seconds.
- Then plug your router again.
See if the error goes. If not move to the next possible solution.
Solution 2: Restart your launcher
Why does it say failed to authenticate your connection?
If the game does not launch properly, some essentials files are also not loaded properly and this can cause “Minecraft failed to Authenticate your connection”.
Restart your Launcher to resolve this issue.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on Task Manager. OR press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on Task Manager
- Select the “Processes” tab and look for anything related to Minecraft.
- Right-click on it and click on End task
Wait for some time and restart your launcher again. See if the error goes.
Solution 3: Use Direct connect to solve “Minecraft Failed to Authenticate your connection”
Try using “Direct Connect“, instead of connecting through the server list.
- Launch Minecraft and open the server list screen.
- Select the Direct Connection option.
- Type “stuck.hypixel.net” and click on connect.
If the game is connected then there is a problem with your launcher.
Reinstall the game or use the Direct Connect feature until the glitch goes away.
Solution 4: Login again to Fix Minecraft Failed to Authenticate Your Connection
This error may occur because your login hasn’t been authorized by the server. All you have to do is logout and login again.
- Launch your Minecraft.
- Click on the Username option and select logout.
- Wait for some time to complete the process.
- Enter your Minecraft credentials and log in again.
I hope this article helps you and your problem is solved. You can face different types of errors in the game like LAN not working or Minecraft not responding that have been solved too. Some users reported Minecraft Failed to Authenticate Your Connection Error after changing their name too.
If you know any other solution do tell me in the comments. Also, what led to this, Do share with us!