Many of the LOL players are complaining about getting the League of Legends “Unexpected Error With Login Session”.
This error is very annoying for the player and doesn’t allow the players to enter the game / can’t log in on the LOL client.
Some of the players somehow managed to solve LOL “Unexpected Error With Login Session” error
But it’s now this outdated solution that even the other LOL players comment that these solutions are not working for them.
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve the League of Legends “Unexpected Error With Login Session” error.
Solution 1: Restart League of Legends
Whenever you encounter LOL “Unexpected Error With Login Session” Error and any game bug, you should restart the game before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the game will eliminate any temporary error occurring due to the old cookies and cache or the system’s other software clashing with your gaming software.
All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the PC or any other platform you use.
Special League of Legends Tracks
Solution 2: Check the Server Status
Sometimes the League of Legends servers are down for maintenance or have any technical issues that’s why unable to log in to the client.
So, it is better to check the server status before applying any further solutions.
To check the server status of the LOL game follow the steps mentioned down below:
- Go Riot server-status official website
- The homepage will open
- Now select your game
- League Of Legends server status page will open
- Now select your region
- And check if there is a problem or not.
If there is no problem with the server then follow the next solution to solve LOL“Unexpected Error With Login Session”.
Solution 3: Run the Application as Administrator
Running the program as an administrator will definitely help you eradicate the LOL “Unexpected Error With Login Session” as it might lack the privileges required to run the Application.
Here is how you can run the application as an administrator:
- Open the Desktop.
- Then go to the Game Launcher
- Right-click on the Launcher icon
- A menu will open
- Select “Run as administrator “
Now the program will start running smoothly without giving you the error “League of Legends “Unexpected Error With Login Session” “
If you are still facing League of Legends Client Not Opening then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Use Hextech Repair Tool
Many of the users on the forums are telling the people to use Hextech Repair Tool. This tool is generated by the publisher of the game.
What’s Hextech Repair Tool?
This tool is free to download and help user to repair the broken update patch, screen issues, and many more issue that can be solved by this tool.
After using the HexTech Repair Tool you still face the“Unexpected Error With Login Session” on League Of Legends then proceed to continue the PC troubleshoot solutions.
Solution 5: Check Antivirus Software
Sometimes the third-party antivirus you installed is preventing you from playing.
So you need to disable the antivirus for a few minutes to check if the antivirus is preventing League of Legends to load properly.
In order, to disable the antivirus follow the step below:
- Select the arrow button on the taskbar a Small menu will open.
- Then click left on the Avast antivirus icon.
- The setting menu will open and select ” Avast shield control “
- In a further menu, you will select the “ 10 minutes option“
- Now restart the game.
If the antivirus is not causing the League of Legends “Unexpected Error With Login Session” then the upcoming solution will definitely help you.
Solution 6: Keep your PC Updated
Outdated drivers in your PC or your current Windows version are not able to support the new connectivity parameter of your internet.
As you update your Windows, all the drivers are updated too and this will fix the “Unexpected Error With Login Session” Error.
So, here is how you can do update your PC:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update, it will start updating the PC
- After the updating is done check if the “there was an error connecting to the platform League of legends” is fixed or not.
Updating the Windows still does not help then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 7. Clear DNS Cache and Data
Since clearing the DNS cache removes all the entries and forces your computer to repopulate those addresses the next time you try accessing those websites.
This won’t affect performance and will fix “League of Legends “Unexpected Error With Login Session”.
- Click on the Windows start icon on the bottom left corner.
- Then press Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear. Type cmd.exe, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
- netsh winsock reset
- Now restart your PC and check if the Unexpected Error With Login Session is fixed.
After clearing the DNS cache now proceed to set Google DNS to eliminate the Unexpected Error With Login Session on LOL.
Solution 8: Set Google’s DNS
Here is how you can set Google DNS after Clear DNS Cache and Data.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Then type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In an internet connection, right-click on Ethernet and choose Properties.
- In the properties, the window chooses Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Click the Properties button.
- Now write 220.127.116.11 in the box next to ‘Preferred DNS server’
- And then write 18.104.22.168 next to the ‘Alternative DNS server’
Hope this will help you to fix the League of Legends “Unexpected Error With Login Session”.
If none of the above solutions help you to rectify the LOL error then there is one more way to solve it.
Solution 9: Reinstall League of the Legends
Reinstalling the LOL game will definitely help to get rid of the League of Legends Unexpected Error With Login Session error.
Reinstalling the Game helps many players.
But, we recommend trying the above solutions before uninstalling the app.
Here is how you uninstall the LOL on a PC:
- Press Windows +S to open the search dialogue
- Type the control panel and choose the matching option
- After that set the “View by” as the “Large Icons” option on the right top corner
- Select the Programs and Features then find the “League of the Legends“
- Right-click on the LOL then Uninstall option pop select the option and follow the process
- Now your game is uninstalled successfully.
- Now you can go to the League of Legends website to download the latest version.
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve the LOL “Unexpected Error With Login Session”.
If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.
Our Social Handles!
Why can’t I log into League of Legends?
There are multiple reasons why you can’t log into League of Legends. Some of the highlighted causes which are causing this error are server down for Maintainance, unstable internet, or your PC windows is outdated.
How do I fix there was an unexpected error with the login session converge?
Here is how you can solve ” unexpected error with the login session converge”
1. Restart the Game
2. Check the Server Status
3. Run the Application as Administrator
4. Use Hextech Repair Tool
5. Disable the Antivirus Software