When Fortnite players open the launcher they face a pop-up asking admin permission to update the launcher.
Once the user accepts it, some get Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
The error message comes with the heading “Self Update Failed”
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve Fortnite Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
Solution 1: Restart your Fortnite Game
The most simple solution of all time is to restart your game.
Whenever you encounter Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07 or any game bug, you should restart the PC before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the PC will eliminate any temporary error which is occurring due to the old cache.
Read More: Fortnite Error CE-32753-0 On PS5
Solution 2: Check the Fortnite Game Server Status
Fortnite servers sometimes go down and start causing Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
To ensure that the server is working or not Check the Fortnite server status.
Solution 3: Run as Administrator
One of the users solved Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07 by running Fornite as administrator.
Here is how you can run Fortnite as an Administrator on a Windows 11/10 PC/Laptop:
- Right-click on the Epic game Launcher
- A small menu will appear – select Run as administrator
- The Epic game launcher will open.
- Now you can run the Fortnite game easily without getting Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
If the error still persists then there might be an issue with your WiFi router.
Solution 4: Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
This solution has worked for many users to fix the Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07 is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
if the error persists then proceed to the next solution to fix Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
Solution 5: Keep your PC Updated
Outdated drivers in your PC or your current Windows version are not able to support the new connectivity parameter of your internet.
As you update your Windows, all the drivers are updated too and this will fix the Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
So, here is how you can do update your Windows 11 PC:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update, it will start updating the PC
- After the updating is done check if the “Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07” issue is fixed or not.
If Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07 issue persists, then follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Update Graphics Card Driver on Windows 11 through Device Manager
Update the graphic card driver, might the outdated graphic driver be causing the Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
Here is how you can update graphic drivers on Windows 11:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the display adapter
- A further menu will open and find your video driver
- Click right on the graphic card name
- Click on the updated driver
- Now successfully the graphic driver is updated.
For the dedicated GPU drivers, upgradations follow the next solution
Solution 7: Check for Driver’s Updates of GPU/Video Card OF different company
One of the main and highlighted issues are GPU drivers being outdated, simultaneously the video card also has outdated drivers.
Outdated drivers of your GPU make can bring a STOP to your gaming.
So, we recommend updating the video card drivers. And providing you direct links to main GPU-making companies
After updating the GPU drivers check whether Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07 is fixed or not.
Solution 8: Reinstall Fortnite Game To Fix Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07
Reinstalling the Fortnite game will definitely help to get rid of the Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
Reinstalling the Game helps many players ultimately.
But, we recommend trying the above solutions before uninstalling the app.
Here is how you uninstall the app on a PC:
- Start Epic Game launcher
- Click on your Library
- Click on the three dots beside your game
- Now select uninstall
- Restart the Epic games launcher
- Now install your game again
And your Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07 will be resolved.
Solution 9: Contact Support
After performing all of the above solutions if the error still bothering you then it’s time to contact Fortnite support.
Go to the support page and explain when an error pops up on your screen and also tell them all solutions you applied before approaching them to solve Fortnite Error SU-20-DP-07.
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve Fortnite Error DP-07.
If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.
Our Social Handles!
Why can I not join a party in Fortnite?
The reasons behind you can’t join a party mode in Fortnite are various which are causing a variety of errors like Fortnite errors 91,93,
to rectify these errors you have read the above-detailed solution to eradicate the error permanently.
How do I fix Fortnite Error DP-07?
1. Restart Fornite
2. Keep your PC Updated
3. Check the Fortnite Game Server Status
4. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
5. Change the Skin of Your Character