Fortnite Error DP-01 occurs when you are downloading the game or reinstalling the game.
Fortnite Error DP-01 comes with an error message saying” You don’t have permission to install to “Your storage path address”
With an error message, this is clear that there is a problem with a user profile or the administrator of the PC limiting your access.
The CPU Guide compiled all working solutions which are worked for the users to solve Fortnite Error DP-01.
Solution 1: Restart your Fortnite
The most simple solution of all time is to restart your game.
Whenever you encounter Fortnite Error DP-01 or any game bug, you should restart the PC before trying further solutions.
Restarting the PC will eliminate any temporary error which is occurring due to the old cache.
After restarting the PC now time to open Fortnite in a run as administrator mode.
This solution will eradicate the permission problem or any bug which stops you from playing the game smoothly.
Read More: Fortnite Error CE-32753-0 On PS5
Solution 2: Run as Administrator
As mentioned above the user solved Fortnite Error DP-01 by running Fornite as administrator.
Here is you can run Fortnite As an Administrator on a PC:
- Open the PC
- Right-click on the Epic game Launcher
- A small menu will appear select Run as administrator
- The Epic game launcher will open.
- Now you can install the Fortnite game easily without getting Fortnite Error DP-01
If the error still persists then proceed to the next solution to solve Fortnite Error DP-01.
Solution 3: Confirm the Read Write Access
Some of the Fornite players suffer from the Fortnite Error DP-01 because they have no read and write access to the folder where the user is trying to install the game.
To confirm whether you have access or not follow the steps down below:
- Press Windows + E file explorer will open
- from the left menu select “This PC“
- Now go to the storage drive and right-click on it
- A small menu will open select Properties
- Now select the Security tab
- Under the heading of Group and user names, find select your user name
- Now check you have Read & Write access or not under the heading of “Permission for Administrator“
- If you do not have permission then you can press the Edit button to change the permission or ask the administrator to give access to your profile.
If having permission to read & write makes no difference, proceed to the next solution to solve Fortnite Error DP-01.
Solution 4: Reinstall Fortnite Game To Fix Fortnite Error DP-01
Reinstalling the Fortnite game will definitely help to get rid of the Fortnite Error DP-01.
Reinstalling the Game helps many players.
But, we recommend trying the above solutions before uninstalling the app.
Here is how you uninstall the app on a PC:
- Start Epic Game launcher
- Click on your Library
- Click on the three dots beside your game
- Now select uninstall
- Restart the Epic games launcher
- Now install your game again
And your Fortnite Error DP-01 will be resolved
Solution 5: Contact Support
After performing all of the above solutions if the error still bothering you then it’s time to contact Fortnite support.
Go to the support page explain to them when an error pops up on your screen and also tell them all solutions you applied before approaching them to solve Fortnite Error DP-01
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve Fortnite Error DP-01.
If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.
Why can I not join a party in Fortnite?
How do I fix Fortnite Error DP-01?
1. Restart Fornite
2. Keep your PC Updated
3. Run as Administrator
4. Reinstall Fortnite Game To Fix Fortnite Error DP-01
5. Contact support