Many users when trying to connect to the inline servers of Diablo IV see this error code on their PS5 screen:
WS-117306-8 “Device sent too many requests to the server. Please try again later”
Getting this error is usual when the Diablo Servers get overloaded and restarting the game/console has helped many users as sometimes you remain in the queue. But, here are 6 solutions with videos that can help you”
Solution 1: Check if the PlayStation Network (PSN) is Down?
The first thing you need to do is check your PSN server status as the Diablo 4 “Device Sent Too Many Requests to the Server” Error might be due to some undergoing maintenance.
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait
Solution 2: Check Blizzard Battle.net Server Status
The next thing you can do is check if the Blizzard Battle.net server is Up and running as Diablo 4 code WS-117306-8 “Device Sent Too Many Requests to the Server” could be due to server down
You can visit the Down Detector website and check from there.
If the server is down then all you need to do is be patient and wait
if not then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Diablo 4 Error Code WS-117306-8 – Try Using an Ethernet Cable
PS5 comes with an ethernet port that would let you experience uninterrupted connection and stutter-free.
so, here’s how you can use a wired connection:
Step A. Connecting Ethernet Cable to PS5
At the rear of your PS5 where you have put your power cable and HDMI cable, you’d find an Ethernet port where you need to insert an Ethernet cable from your router.
Make sure you have inserted in the output port of your router, your network is active and the cable works fine.
Step B. Setting Up LAN on PS5
- Go to Settings from the PS5 homepage
- Scroll down to Network and click on it to access Network Settings
- Choose Settings from the left sidebar and scroll down to Set up Internet Connection from the expanded menu
- In the new screen, scroll down to Set Up Wired LAN and press X on it from your controller.
- A new dialog would open where you can rename your connection and then proceed to Connect to it.
- It would take a short while to get you connected to your Wired network.
Solution 4: Restart PS5 in Safe Mode
Diablo IV Device sent too many requests to the server can be solved by restarting PS5 in Safe Mode. This easy solution is worth attempting.
To do so, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep. This will boot your PS5 in Safe Mode.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- It may take a moment to display Safe Mode options. Select option 1: “Restart PS5“
- Now you need to wait until your PS5 console restarts.
Solution 5: Enable Automatic Game Updates on PS5
It’s possible that you might have missed the new update notification of Diablo 4 and an older version of the game can be causing these issues.
To avoid such situations and besides updating each game manually, we can set PS5 to update games automatically.
Here are 8 steps you can follow to allow automatic game updates on PS5:
- From the PS5 Homepage, go to the gear icon located in the top right corner to access PS5 settings.
- Select System
- In the System window, select Power Saving from the left sidebar and choose Features Available in Rest Mode from the expanded menu at the right.
- Toggle “Stay Connected to the Internet“
Halfway through, we have enabled PS5 to stay connected to the internet while in rest mode as games usually don’t update when the PS5 is actively being used. So, let’s enable automatic game updates.
- Go back to the main settings menu that you opened from the gear icon.
- Scroll down and select “Saved Data and Game/App Settings“
- In the Saved Data and Game/App Settings window, select Automatic Updates from the left sidebar
- Toggle both the “Auto-Download” and “Auto-Install in Rest Mode” options in the expanded menu at the right.
Now, your PS5 will be able to download updates over your internet whenever they would be available. Even if your PS5 is in rest mode, your Diablo 4 will remain up-to-date.
A helpful video for you to never miss an update!
Solution 6: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions work for you then there might be a chance that your PS5 has issues.
You can visit the PlayStation Official Website to get it repaired and choose the relevant issue which in your case would be according to Diablo 4 Device sent too many requests to the server.
Please make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console and let them know the issue you are facing is due to Diablo 4. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error. They should reply to you ideally within 24 hours and if you don’t get any reply within 2-3 days, then you might need to make another support ticket.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comments section below.