You might be experiencing a black screen problem upon launching Diablo IV. Some of you may get a blank screen with audio or something similar that’s crashing your game. A simple game/PC restart has reportedly fixed the issue for many users but we have 8 more ways that can help you fix it.
In addition to the black screen challenge, we will also address another concern shared by players—difficulties encountered when attempting to exit the game. By exploring effective solutions to these issues, we aim to ensure that every player can fully enjoy the captivating world of Diablo IV.
Solution 1: Close Unwanted Programs on PC
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the crashing issue on your PC.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the crash is solved or not.
Solution 2: Run the Diablo 4 as Administrator on PC
Running the program as an administrator will definitely help you eradicate the Diablo 4 Black Screen as it might lack the privileges required to run the Application.
To solve the issue of the game crashing, running the program as an administrator could be a helpful solution as it may not have the necessary privileges to run the application. By granting administrative access to the program, you can ensure that it has all the necessary permissions to operate and potentially resolve any errors causing the game to crash.
Here is how you can run the application as an administrator:
- Go to the file/ folder.
- Then go to the Game Launcher/Steam client.
- Right-click on the Launcher icon
- A menu will open
- Select “Run as administrator“
Now the program will start running smoothly without giving you the error “Diablo 4 Black Screen“
Solution 3: Update Diablo 4
To ensure that you are not using an outdated version of Diablo 4 on your PC, it is highly recommended to check for game updates regularly. This can help avoid conflicts caused by outdated game patches that can affect the game’s launch or gameplay experience.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to update Diablo 4:
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher and click on the Blizzard logo located in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings” and click on “Game Install/Update.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games” to enable it.
- Click on “Done” to save the changes and then restart the Battle.net launcher to apply the changes.
- The Battle.net launcher will automatically update Diablo 4 to the latest available version.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you are using the latest version of Diablo IV on your PC, which can help improve your overall gameplay experience and potentially avoid any crashing or other technical issues.
Solution 4: Update Graphic Drivers Via Device Manager PC
Updating your graphics card driver is essential for ensuring optimal performance and compatibility with the latest software and games. Updating your graphics card driver can be done via the Device Manager in Windows and is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
Here is how you can update drivers through Device Manager:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Display adapters
- A further menu will open
- Right-click on the graphic card name
- Click on the Update driver
Solution 5: Disable the Discord Overlays on PC
Sometimes third-party apps might interfere in the game and cause Diablo 4 Black Screen. The overlays app is widely used to enhance the multiplayer experience in the game. But these apps also need more resources to run smoothly in the background.
So, overlay apps might cause the Black Screen. To prevent any errors further we have to disable the overlays apps that are running on your PC in my case I am going to disable the discord overlays.
Here is how you can disable the Discord Overlay:
- Open the Discord
- Click on the gear Icon to Open “Users Settings“
- Find Activity settings from the left pane
- Click on the “Game Overlay” option
- Go to Enable in-game overlay option
- Click on the toggle to disable it
Solution 6: Disable The Steam Overlay PC
Some players have reported that disabling the Steam overlay on their Windows computers has improved their ability to play Diablo 4 on PC.
Here are steps to Disable the Steam Overlays:
- Open the Steam client
- Go to the Library
- Right-click on Diablo 4 and select the properties
- Select the General section
- Now just uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay
Solution 7: Verify Game Files
if you are experiencing issues with missing or corrupted game files when playing Diablo 4 on your PC, there is a simple solution to fix this problem. You can verify and repair the game files through the Battle.net client by following these steps:
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Diablo 4 game.
- Click on the OPTIONS icon (a gear-shaped icon) and select Scan and Repair.
- Choose the “Begin Scan” option and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the scan is complete, close the Battle.net launcher and restart your PC.
By following these steps, you can fix any missing or corrupted game files and ensure that Diablo 4 runs smoothly on your PC. This is an easy and effective solution that can help you avoid crashing and other technical issues while playing the game.
Solution 8: Add Game Exceptions on Antivirus PC
Antivirus software is designed to protect computers from malware and viruses, but sometimes it can mistakenly identify game files as threats and quarantine or delete them. This can result in the Black Screen or game not launching at all.
To address this issue, antivirus software can include game exceptions. Game exceptions allow users to add specific games or game files to a list of exclusions, so the antivirus software will not flag them as threats. This can help prevent game crashes and ensure gamers enjoy uninterrupted gameplay without worrying about their antivirus software interfering.
Follow the steps below to add an exception on Antivirus:
- Launch Avast on your PC.
- Select Menu at the top-right corner of Avast.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- From the left sidebar, choose General > Exceptions
- Click ADD EXCEPTION and then type the URL you want to add to it.
- Click ADD EXCEPTION to save the URL and check if you can access the URL
If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section below.
I have tried everything, but I still have a black screen in Diablo 4. What should I do now?
If none of the above solutions work, it’s best to seek further assistance from the official Diablo 4 support channels. Provide them with detailed information about your system specifications, steps you have taken, and any error messages you may have encountered. They will be better equipped to assist you with personalized troubleshooting steps.
Will future game updates or patches address the black screen issue in Diablo 4?
Developers are actively working to address and resolve known issues, including black screen problems. Regular updates, patches, and hotfixes are typically released to improve game stability and address reported issues. Make sure to keep your game and related drivers up to date to benefit from these updates.
Are there any known issues or specific hardware configurations that could cause a black screen in Diablo 4?
While black screen issues can occur due to various reasons, certain hardware configurations or software conflicts may contribute to the problem. It’s recommended to check the official Diablo 4 support channels or forums for any known issues, updates, or workarounds related to black screen problems.