When it comes to controllers then the PC offers flexibility in controller options, it can connect to both wired and wireless controllers, and you can even pair multiple controllers such as the PS5 DualSense controller and Stadia Controller or the Xbox one
So, if you want to get the most out of your PC by connecting your Nintendo Switch Pro controller then continue reading the guide below.
Connecting Nintendo Switch Pro controller to PC (Wired)
- Grab a USB-C cable and plug one end into the top of the Switch Pro controller, and the other into your PC.
- Windows should detect and identify the Nintendo Switch Pro controller, and you’ll see a small notification in the taskbar telling you when it’s done
- And you can enjoy playing your games
How to Connect Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to PC Wirelessly?
Just follow the steps below to connect Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to a PC:
- Turn on your PC’s Bluetooth connectivity. If your PC does not have built-in Bluetooth, you can use a Bluetooth adapter.
- On your PC, go to the “Settings” menu and click on “Bluetooth & Devices“
- Click on “Add device” and select “Bluetooth” from the options
- Hold down the Switch Pro Controller’s pairing button (located next to the USB-C charging port)
- The Switch Pro controller will appear here, simply click the option “Pro Controller.”
- The home button on the Nintendo controller will indicate that it’s connected indicating a blue light
How to Connect Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to PC Via Steam?
If you are a PC gamer, you have a Steam account, and this can be utilized to connect Nintendo Switch Pro to your PC.
- Plug your Xbox controller into your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on “Steam” in the upper left corner of the Steam window and click Settings
- Click on “General Controller Settings.”
- In the “Controller Settings” menu, make sure the “Switch Pro Configuration Support” option is enabled.
- Click on the “Nintendo Switch Pro Controller“
- Once the Xbox controller is added, you should see it listed in the “Detected Controllers” section. Select it and click on “Calibrate.”
- Follow the calibration prompts to configure your Xbox controller for use with your PC.
- Once your Nintendo Switch Pro controller is connected and calibrated, you can use it to play games on Steam.
Connecting your Nintendo Switch Pro to your PC is an easy process but if you experience difficulty during the connection process, you can try restarting your devices or ensuring the controller has enough battery.
Do let us know in the comments section, which games are you playing with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller on PC