Do you want to know How to Play Netflix on Steam Deck?
Can we stream Netflix on Steam Deck?
The answer to your question is YES,
you can play Netflix on Steam Deck but you cannot find an official Netflix app for SteamOS at this point.
After reading the above two lines you will be thinking that if
Netflix is applicable on Steam Deck then how are we going to watch without the app?
For this, you need to follow the guide below which will tell you how to play Netflix on Steam Deck.
Why Is My Screen Black When I Stream Netflix on Steam Deck?
Your screen is black when you stream Netflix on Steam Deck due to the following reasons:
- The cache folder might be overloaded.
- Steam Deck might be outdated.
- Unnecessary programs running in the background
What is Netflix DRM?
Netflix DRM (Digital Rights Management) is software that authorizes the playback of copyright material. And protect the content from replicating more on Netflix.
How do I fix my Netflix audio sync?
For fixing the Netflix audio sync you need to restart your Steam Deck.
How to Play Netflix on Steam Deck?
As you all know that there’s a built-in Mozilla Firefox browser in your Steam Deck so with the help of that browser we are going to steam Netflix on Steam Deck.
Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Firefox browser on your Steam Deck.
- Now type https://www.netflix.com/ in the address bar at the top.
- Now log in to your account
- Open your favorite show or movie to play Netflix on Steam Deck.
If you want to enjoy Netflix in desktop mode then continue reading the guide.
How To Install and Play Netflix on Steam Deck in Desktop Mode?
Follow these steps to Install Netflix or any streaming app on Steam Deck:
- Optional Step: If you need a virtual keyword, download “core keyboard” under the accessibility tab.
- Hold the Steam Deck power button to bring up the power men.
- Then select Switch to Desktop to switch over to the Linux desktop.
- Make sure the desktop version of Steam is running
- Find the Discover store icon on the taskbar and click on it.
- Now Search for Netflix.
- Now Install the app and log in while you are still in Desktop Mode.
- After logging in, find Steam and Open it.
- Now Click on the “+” icon located on the bottom left and choose “add a non-steam game“.
- Select Netflix
- Now switch back to Gaming mode and find the non-steam tab.
- Open Netflix and Enjoy streaming your favorite shows.
We hope you get now on how to play Netflix on Steam Deck and if you didn’t get any steps right or you couldn’t understand then do ask us in the comments section below.