Did you just run a custom clean using the CCleaner and after the process is completed, you see that tracking files are not cleared?
As a matter of fact, it’s not only you who’s facing CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files,
but other users also reported this on CCleaner Community.
So, to fix CCleaner Tracking files not cleared we have 5 easy solutions for you in the guide below.
5 Causes To CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files
Solution 1: Restart the CCleaner App
Whenever you encounter CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files, you should restart the app before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the app will eliminate any temporary error occurring due to the old cookies and cache or the system’s other software clashing with your app software.
Read More: CCleaner Error Code 91613?
Solution 2: End Browser Process On Windows 11
According to the CCleaner forum, the trackers are not those that try to locate your location and keep an eye on your online activities
But it’s just cookies or browsing history etc.
Sometimes browser-related background processes are running on PC leading to CCleaner Tracking files not cleared.
So, it’s best to end all the browser-related processes from Task Manager on Windows 11 and then try again.
Just follow the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Right-click on Google Chrome or any other browser you use and select End Task
- And check if the CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files is solved or not.
If ending the browser-related tasks didn’t help you fix CCleaner Tracking files not cleared then
continue to the next solution.
Read More: CCleaner Error Code 0x2f7d
Solution 3: Check For Updates
Make sure your CCleaner is up to date as the current version could have some bugs due to which CCleaner not showing tracking files
To make sure your CCleaner is up to date, follow the steps below:
- Launch CCleaner on desktop
- At the bottom left of the app home page, click on the Check for updates option.
- If your CCleaner is up to date you will see a pop-up box saying this is the latest version or else follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can also check for updates from the CCleaner official website.
If you are still facing CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files then,
continue to the next solution.
Read More: CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7
Solution 4: Reinstall CCleaner On the Desktop
If you couldn’t fix CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files then one thing you can try is reinstalling CCleaner.
As it could be due to a corrupted installation of the CCleaner before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the CCleaner follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for the CCleaner and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to CCleaner’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch CCleaner and you should be able to see the tracking files on CCleaner.
And if this didn’t work in fixing CCleaner Tracking files not cleared then continue to the next fix.
Solution 5: Contact CCleaner Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files then, you can contact CCleaner support and let them know about your problem in detail.
Or by sending an email to: [email protected]
Their team will respond to you within 24 hours.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve CCleaner Not Cleaning Tracking Files.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments sec
What’s the latest version of CCleaner for Windows?
The latest version of CCleaner for Windows is 6.01.9825 and it’s available for download.
What happened CCleaner?
In September 2017, CCleaner 5.33 came with a Floxif trojan horse that could install a backdoor, enabling remote access to 2.27 million infected machines.
What do you do when CCleaner asks you to close Chrome?
Whenever CCleaner asks you to close Chrome click Yes to allow CCleaner to close Google Chrome.