Is your Steam Deck Screen flickering while you are playing a game or watching a movie?
The first thing you need to know is that you are not the only one having this issue with your brand new console as other users have also complained about the Steam Deck screen flickering when they are playing their favourite game.
So, we have some useful solutions for you to get your Steam Deck screen flickering fixed and for that, you need to continue reading the guide below.
Why is my Steam Deck screen flickering?
Your Steam Deck screen flickering occurs due to the following reasons:
- HDMI cables might be faulty.
- The Dock might have hardware issues.
- The A/C adapter might be worn out.
- HDMI ports might be not working properly.
Also Read: Steam Deck vs Nintendo Switch
Solution 1: Force Reboot Steam Deck
The first thing you need to do is force reboot your console to overcome Steam Deck screen flickering.
Just follow these steps:
- Connect your AC adapter to your Steam Deck and wait for 15 to 20 minutes until the battery charges.
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on and check if Steam Deck won’t turn on is fixed.
Now moving on to the next solution to fix the Steam Deck flickering screen.
Solution 2: Check Your HDMI Cables and HDMI Ports
Change your HDMI cables because Steam Deck screen flickering could be a hardware issue. Before that ensure that there is no faulty HDMI port.
Make sure you use a High-Speed HDMI as they transmit video and sound from your Dock to the TV.
Let’s solve Steam Deck not Turning On:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and Steam Deck dock.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- And plug in the HDMI cable of your Steam Deck Dock into your TV and vice versa.
Also, check if your cable is worn out or broken at some point then buy a new one.
And if you are still facing the Steam Deck flickering screen then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Use Steam Deck Official Charger
The Steam Deck is charged using a non-standard protocol, so if you’re using a third-party solution, you may lead to Steam Deck screen flickering.
There are a lot of completely reasonable third-party adapters, but can’t give the guarantee reliability or safety, but we can guarantee an official charger will help you fix the Steam Deck flickering screen.
If you are still facing Steam Deck screen flickering then you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Check if Your Dock is Faulty OR Not
One more thing you can do to fix the Steam Deck screen flickering is to check your Steam Dock for hardware issues.
Here’s what you can do:
- Borrow a Steam dock station from a friend or relative.
- After inserting Steam Deck and connecting the cables properly if the display is not flickering then it means you have a faulty Dock.
- To fix it visit your nearest trustworthy service center.
Moving on to the last solution to fix the Steam Deck flickering screen.
Solution 5: Contact Steam Deck Support
If you cannot get rid of the Steam Deck screen flickering after checking the charging accessories, force rebooting, you should contact Steam Deck support and ask them to perform the necessary repairs on the console.
We hope you get to fix the Steam Deck screen flickering. Also, we recommend that you start the troubleshooting by rebooting or fixing the adapter issues or dock and if you face any hurdles while trying the solutions then do let us know in the comments section below.