As a devoted music lover, there’s nothing more frustrating than wanting to listen to your favorite tunes, only to find that your Spotify app on iPhone is not downloading songs. Whether you’re commuting, working out, or simply lounging at home, having access to your go-to tracks is crucial for setting the right mood.
So, you don’t need to worry much as in this article, we’ll explore some of the reasons why Spotify may be failing to download songs on your iPhone and provide effective solutions to get your music streaming back on track
Why isn’t my Spotify downloading songs on iPhone?
Here are 6 common reasons to Spotify won’t download songs on iPhone:
- Outdated App
- Poor internet connection
- Less storage space
- Outdated software
- Too much cache
- Third-party software
Solution 1: Check Spotify Server Status
Sometimes the issue lies in the servers instead of the App so you should check if the server is running perfectly or down for maintenance.
Here’s how you can check the server:
- Visit Spotify Status’s official Twitter account
- If the Spotify server is down, you will get to know from the status or by some tweets by Spotify.
- Pay attention to the tweet’s timestamp to ensure that they’re not discussing an earlier time in which Spotify was not working
And if the Spotify server is not down then
continue to the next solution.
Read More: Spotify Keeps on Pausing? [SOLVED]
Solution 2: Restart your Router
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Best Routers To Buy
TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router
TP-Link Archer AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router
After checking the internet connection if you are still facing Spotify Not Downloading Songs On iPhone then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Reset Network Settings
If your connection is working fine but facing signal drops can also lead to not downloading so all you need to do is reset the network settings on your iPhone.
Note that resetting your network settings will erase your Wi-Fi passwords and cellular settings, so you’ll need to re-enter them after the reset
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on Transfer or Reset
- Then tap on Reset
- Tap on Reset Network Settings
- Enter your passcode if prompted
- Tap Reset Network Setting again to confirm
Also Read: Spotify Keeps Crashing On Windows /Android/iOS?
Solution 4: Spotify Needs to Update
We suggest that you keep your apps updated since updates typically bring new features, improvements, and most notably, bug fixes.
To set up automatic updates on an iOS device, tap iTunes & App Store, and switch Updates to on. If you don’t have automatic updates turned on, manually update your Spotify mobile app.
- On an iOS device, open the App Store app.
- Tap Updates in the bottom right.
- Find Spotify, and tap Update.
- If no update option is visible, your app is using the latest version
Read More: Spotify Local Files Not Showing?
And if updating didn’t fix Spotify Not Downloading Songs On iPhone then try SopitfyShuffler
Solution 5: Clear Spotify App Cache
Similar to other applications, Spotify also stores cached data, which includes the songs you have recently streamed. However, at times, this data may become corrupted without any apparent cause leading to not downloading songs on iPhone.
To clear the cache follow the steps below:
- Launch the Spotify app on the iPhone.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top-right corner to go to the settings
- Scroll to Storage and tap on it
- Under that, tap on Clear Cache
- A pop-up will show up, mentioning that your downloads won’t be deleted upon clearing the cache.
- Confirm the action by tapping on Delete Cache.
- After clearing the cache, relaunch Spotify once again.
If your download storage is full then clear that also by taping on Remove all downloads
Solution 6: Reinstall Spotify On iPhone
If you couldn’t fix Spotify won’t download Songs On iPhone after clearing the cache then one thing you can try is reinstalling Spotify.
As the error could be due to a corrupted installation of the Spotify app so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the Spotify app follow the steps below:
- Tap and hold on the Spotify icon
- Then tap on the Remove app option
- Now reinstall it from Appstore on your iPhone.
Solution 7: Contact Spotify Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve Spotify Not Downloading Songs On iPhone then, you can contact Spotify on their official website and let them know about your problem in detail.
Complete video guide on How to contact Spotify:
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section below