Are you confused about the difference between a Nintendo Account and Nintendo Network ID?
In addition, a Nintendo Account allows you to participate in the My Nintendo Rewards program.
You can link your Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account to transfer funds between them. For example, if you have a balance saved on your Nintendo Network ID account, you can transfer it to your Nintendo Account to use on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Quick Question: Do you know What’s a Mii Account?
Similarly, you can also transfer funds from your Nintendo Account to your Nintendo Network ID to use on the Wii U or 3DS eShops. This process allows you to easily move money between your accounts and use it to purchase games on different platforms.
This is the only way to load funds on WII on funds Wii U or 3DS.
Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account
- Open the Nintendo Account website
- Enter your username and password
- Scroll down until you find the Linked Accounts sections
- Press Edit button
- Now select the Nintendo Network ID
- Now enter the email and password to link your account.
Now your Nintendo ID and Nintendo Account are connected.
How to Link Your Nintendo Network ID to Your Nintendo Account Using a Nintendo Switch
- Select the User icon from the Home screen
- Head to friends selection and highlight the Wii U or 3D icon
- Enter your Nintendo Network ID
- Enter Your Nintendo Network ID username And password and Press sign in to link your accounts.
Video Guide: Link Your Nintendo Network ID to Your Nintendo Account
To see the Wii U and 3DS icons on your Nintendo Switch menu, your system must be updated to version 3.0 or higher. Please ensure that you have updated your system before attempting to access these icons.
Hopefully, now you know the difference between Nintendo Account and Nintendo Network ID.