COD Modern Warfare 2 (version 2022) keeps crashing on the single-player campaign and sometimes in multiplayer mode on Xbox Series X/S. And not only this If I die it won’t let me reload back.
And it’s not only on consoles as my friend who was playing it on PC also faced a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 crashing issue
Many users have reported similar issues, but fear not!
In this article, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide to help you resolve this problem. We’ve compiled 8 potential solutions to help you get back to headshot your enemies.
Why does my MW2 keep crashing Xbox Series X/S?
Here are 5 common reasons that lead to MW2 keeps crashing/freezing on Xbox Series X/S:
Solution 1: Check the Server Status
Before trying anything, we recommend checking the server status of Modern Warfare 2.
If the servers are down, then this is the leading cause behind the MW2 keep crashing Xbox Series X.
To confirm the server status, you can go to support Activision where they update the players about upcoming maintenance or any technical issue on the server
Also Read: ‘0x80270300 error’ in Xbox Fixed
Solution 2: Switch/Add Your Xbox Account
Many players were able to get over COD MW2 Campaign keeps Crashing on Xbox Series X/S by switching to another account or by making a new one.
So, follow the steps below:
- Press the Guide button (the glowing Xbox logo) on your controller.
- Now go all the way to the right, to Profile and System
- Now select the Add or Switch option. Now you can switch to currently available accounts on the system.
- And if you want to create a new account then select Add new.
- To log in you need to put additional Microsoft account, with all the Xbox details
- Follow the on-screen instructions and your new account will be created.
Still facing the crashing thing then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Crashing? Power Cycle Your Console
You may lose some game data while trying this solution as it will give a hard reset to the console.
But this has worked for many users in solving Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 dashboarding on Xbox Series X/S in Multiplayer mode.
So let’s power cycle your Xbox Series X:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.
- Now unplug the power supply from your console and wait for a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Plug the power supply back into your console.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
Now try the next solution
Also Read: Xbox Series X Mic Won’t Work? [9 Quick Fixes]
Solution 4: Test Network Connection
Make sure that your Xbox is actually connected to the internet so, it’s best you check that your console is connecting to the internet properly or not, and for that
Follow the steps given below:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Select Profile & system > Settings
- On the guide, select Profile & System and select Settings.
- Under the General settings select Network Settings.
- On the Network page select Test network connection
- After analyzing if there are any problems then it will show them or else select Continue.
- Select Test network speed & statistics.
- Compare the results with the recommended speeds needed for playing to overcome freezing MW2
Also Read: Steam Deck VS Xbox Series S: The Ultimate Comparison
Solution 5: MW2 Crashing Xbox Series X? Update the Game
Make sure you have the updated version of the game as the current version might have bugs leading to MW2 crashing on Xbox Series X/S.
You have to check the update by following the below steps:
- Go to the Xbox Homepage
- Hover over the COD Modern Warfare 2 and press the options button on the controller
- Now select Manage games and add-ons
- Select Updates > Update all and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
Solution 6: Update your Xbox Series X Automatically
Sometimes there are some bugs that don’t allow the game to load so updating your console can fix those bugs.
By doing this your console will get updates automatically.
So, follow the steps below:
- Simply, press the Xbox button on your console.
- Once you press the Xbox button, it will open up the guide.
- On the guide, select Profile & system.
- Then press Settings > System > Updates.
- Now select Keep my console up to date.
Also Read: How to Connect Xbox Controller to Steam Deck Instantly?
Solution 7: Reinstall Modern Warfare 2
If you couldn’t fix the freezing after updating the console then you can try is reinstalling Call of Duty MW2.
As the error could be due to a corrupted installation of the COD Modern Warfare 2 before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the COD MW2 on Xbox Series X/S follow the steps below:
- Press the Xbox button, it will open up the guide.
- From the menu options, press the My games & Apps option.
- You will be able to see all installed applications and games; simply locate the MW2 app here.
- Next, select Modern Warfare 2 using your controller and press the Options button.
- After that, from the appeared context menu, select Uninstall
- Select Uninstall All in the dialogue box that appears
- After the uninstall from your Xbox Series X/S, reboot your console.
- Finally, install the COD MW2 by going to the store on Xbox Series X/S
Solution 8: Call Xbox Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the Xbox Official Support Website.
Discuss with them and tell them which solution you applied and they will surely help you in fixing the MW2 keeps crashing issue.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section below