Recently the players are experiencing Modern Warfare 2 Connection Error on their PC.
The connection failed error occur due to the bad connectivity
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed.
Solution 1: Restart the Game
Whenever you encounter a Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed Error OR any game bug, you should first restart the game before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the game will eliminate any temporary error from the old cookies and cache or the system’s other software clashing with your gaming software.
Solution 2: Check the Server Status
Sometimes the Modern Warfare 2 servers are down for maintenance or have technical issues, leading to Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed error.
So, it is better to check the server status before trying any further solutions.
To check the server status of Modern Warfare 2, follow the steps mentioned down below:
- Go to the support.activision.com
- Here you can check the server status if the server is down for maintenance they will let you know on this page.
- Similarly when the server is down from the technical issue here the server status will be updated.
Now if the Modern Warfare 2 server is working fine then most probably there is an issue from your side.
Follow the upcoming solutions to troubleshoot your PC to Fix the Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed error.
Solution 3: Close Unwanted Programs on Windows 11/10
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the “Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed” is solved or not.
Solution 4: Power Cycle Your Router
If the above solution didn’t work then this solution will work and provide a better internet connection which will help you solve the Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch.
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
- And check if the Wi-Fi is visible to you or not.
Make sure you restart those devices affected in the process for an accurate fix.
Best Routers To Buy
Solution 5: Update Wi-Fi Drivers through Device Manager
If you use the Wi-Fi Modem and don’t update the Wi-Fi drivers for a long time then it’s time to update the Wi-FI drivers to have uninterrupted internet to avoid Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed.
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open device manager
- Then select the Network adapter
- A further menu will open
- Find your Wi-Fi drivers
- Click right on the Wi-Fi card name
- Click on the updated driver
- Now a new window will open
- Select “Search automatically for drivers“
- If you want to install some other driver on your Wi-Fi then
- Select “Browse my computer for drivers“
- And then go to the path where you download the new drivers.
After updating the drivers sometimes the inappropriate DNS cache is causing errors while you gaming to fix this follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Clear DNS Cache and Data
Is it OK to clear the DNS cache?
Clearing the DNS cache removes all the entries and forces your computer to repopulate those addresses the next time you try accessing those websites. This won’t affect the performance of Modern Warfare 2 and eliminate Connection Errors.
How do I reset my DNS settings? How do I clear my DNS cache?
- Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.
- Then press the Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear.
- Type cmd, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
Close the window.
Now after clearing the DNS Cache and Data it’s time to set your DNS settings automatic on your PC/laptop to fix Modern Warfare 2 Connection Errors.
Solution 7: Setting your DNS to Automatic on Windows
To fix the “Modern Warfare 2 Connection Error”, we suggest setting your DNS automatically.
Here is you can set DNS on Automatic:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Then type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In the internet connection, right-click on Ethernet and choose properties.
- In the properties window, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Click the Properties button
- Now choose the options “Obtain IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server automatically”
- Click OK.
If you already using the automatic DNS settings then you should try the Google DNS manually.
Solution 8: Using DNS manually or Google’s DNS
Here is how you can set Google’s DNS in Windows 11:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Then type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In an internet connection, right-click on Ethernet and choose properties.
- In the properties, the window chooses Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Click the Properties button.
- Now write 22.214.171.124 in the box next to ‘Preferred DNS server’
- And then write 126.96.36.199 next to the ‘Alternative DNS server
I hope this will help you to fix the Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed if not then move on to the next solution.
Solution 9: Switch to a More Reliable VPN
Free VPN did not allow you to stream at full speed they set a limit to the free version which is not a very useful speed for working or gaming.
The premium VPN helps the players to achieve an uninterrupted gaming experience and will not compromise the FPS and ping of the game.
For your convince, I am listing down some most reliable plus they are working with other users without having any Modern Warfare 2 Connection Error.
DISCOUNTED VPNS FOR THE CPU GUIDE READERS
Hope the above Solutions help you to eradicate the Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed Error.
If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.