Want to know How to Reset Steam Deck?
Want to clear the data and file from Steam Deck?
But I was tired of these errors so, I tried to reset or what you can say is re-image my Steam Deck.
And if you are looking to reset Steam Deck then below are some brief steps that I tried myself to reset Steam Deck.
How do you restart a Steam Deck?
You can restart your Steam Deck by:
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on and your Steam Deck will restart.
How To Reset Steam Deck/Re-image?
In Steam Deck the actual meaning of reset or factory reset is re-imaging. This will wipe all user info, installed games, applications, or operating systems, and replaced them with stock SteamOS.
This system image is not officially launed for the SteamOS 3 version so, there are chances it might not work properly but according to Steam it will be launched soon officially.
You need to have a USB with 8GB minimum space and download the recovery image from the Steam store in the USB before starting the solution.
- If you have a Windows PC you need to use the Rufus utility and select the recovery file and write it to your USB drive.
- When it’s done, select Close and eject the drive.
- On Linux OS you can use Balena Etcher to write the recovery file to your USB drive.
- Or else you can do with a simple command line
- Find the file in the downloads with the help of cd /home/USERNAME/Downloads
- Now paste sudo lsblk to find the name of your USB drive and you can recognize by the size of your USB.
- Paste this line of code to write the recovery file: bzcat steamdeck-recovery-1.img.bz2 | dd if=/dev/stdin of=/dev/sdX oflag=sync status=progress bs=128M
- Set /dev/sdX to the USB device you inserted which is the name you found.
- Use a USB-C adapter or hub to plug the boot disk in.
- Now hold the Volume Down and the Power Button until you hear the chime, and you’ll be booted into the Boot Manager.
- And boot from the EFI USB Device.
- Your screen will go black during the booting process but you need to wait.
- Once booted you will be in a desktop environment, you can navigate using the trackpad and trigger.
- And you will be able to reset/re-image Steam Deck.
We hope you get to know how to reset Steam Deck or re-image.
And if you face any hurdles while trying the solutions then do let us know in the comments section below.
We will be happy to assist you!