You just started to watch your favorite movie on VLC but eventually, there’s no sound?
Is that what you are experiencing?
Then you are not the only one having VLC no sound problem as many others also reported about this on Reddit.
So, to fix VLC no sound problem on Windows 11 we have prepared a list of 7 easy solutions for you in the guide below.
What Causes VLC Audio Not Working?
Although there are many causes to VLC Audio Not Working but here are 4 common ones:
- Faulty or Missing Codecs
- Corrupt Video File
- Incompatible File Format
- Outdated VLC version
Solution 1: Unmute Audio From VLC Media Player
You might have accidentally muted your VLC leading to VLC No Sound Problem on Windows 11.
So, make sure you unmute the VLC player:
- Launch VLC Media Player and go to the Audio section
- Go to the “Mute” option and click on it to unmute.
- While the video plays, right-click on the Volume icon on the right side of your taskbar and click on Open Volume Mixer
- If there’s a cross against the speaker icon beneath VLC Player then it’s muted.
- Click on the speaker to unmute the player and check if you get to fix VLC No Sound Problem.
And if VLC Audio Not Working then, continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Adjust VLC Audio Settings
If the VLC Audio Not Working, you should check the VLC audio settings in Preferences.
For that follow the steps below:
- Launch VLC from the Desktop
- Click the Tools option from the menu bar at the top of the window and choose Preferences.
- Click the Audio tab and ensure the Enable audio box is checked.
- In the Output module settings select Directx audio output option in the drop-down list.
- After saving changes restart your VLC and check if you get to fix VLC No Sound Problem on Windows 11/10.
And if you are still facing the issue then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Check For VLC Updates
Maybe you are using an outdated version of VLC leading to VLC No Sound error.
So, make sure you have an updated version of VLC:
- Launch VLC from the Desktop
- Click the Help option from the menu bar at the top of the window and choose Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates then follow the on-screen instructions.
And if you are still facing VLC Audio Not Working then continue to the next solution
Solution 4: Enable Sound Device On Windows 11
To fix VLC No Sound Problem on Windows 10/11 make sure that your system sound is enabled.
For that you need to follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the sound/volume icon at the bottom-right of your taskbar.
- Click on Sound Settings.
- The System > Sound Windows will open
- Now scroll down to the end of the settings and click on “More sound settings“
- A sound window will open
- Under the Playback section, right-click on all of the devices, and then click enable.
- After saving the settings check if you get to fix VLC Audio Not Working on Windows 11.
And if you are still facing VLC has No Sound Problem, then continue to the next solution.
Solution 5: Disable and Enable Audio Track
The audio you hear in VLC comes in an audio track, and if this track is disabled, the video will play with no sound leading to VLC Audio Not Working.
So, follow the steps below:
- Play a video on the VLC media player.
- Click on Audio and choose the “Audio Track” option while the video is still playing.
- If it’s set to Disable then click on Track 1 or any other Track to enable audio.
And if you are still facing VLC No Sound Problem then continue to the next solution.
Solution 6: Reinstall VLC On the Desktop
If you couldn’t fix VLC Audio Not Working after enabling sound then one thing you can try is reinstalling VLC.
As the error could be due to a corrupted installation of the VLC app before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the VLC app follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for the VLC and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to VLC’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch VLC and you should be able to watch your favorite videos without any errors.
And if this didn’t work in fixing VLC has No Sound Problem then continue to the next fix.
Solution 7: Contact Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve VLC Audio Not Working then, you can contact VLC on their official website and let them know about your problem in detail.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve VLC No Sound Problem
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section below.
Our Social Handles!