Trying to read any stream on the platform, and Twitch Error 4000 occurs with message:
“Media resource format not supported”
This error can be frustrating because it occurs every few seconds or minutes in a flow.
In this guide, you will find 4 solutions to help you solve Twitch error 4000.
Solution 1: Select audio correctly
In settings you might not select the correct audio drivers or your pc is selecting the wrong one. To find out follow the below steps:
- Go to the search bar of windows type “Control Panel”
- Then click on the control panel icons
- In the top right corner, check if the View by: option is selected as Large icons.
- Find the “Sound” option and click on it
- Select the default audio output drivers set them as default audio drivers of your PC.
Cookie and cache usually store the previous data of your browsing activity. This helps you to sign in / access websites faster than the previous visit. The cache may get outdated that prevents you from accessing new data. To obtain fresh data follow the given steps to clear your cache and browser history. These steps are based on google chrome browser:
- Press Ctrl + H to open the history window
- On the left side, you will see “Clear history”. Click on it.
- The new tab will open and you can see three options. Check all the boxes of the given options.
- Finally, Click on the Clear History button.
This should work in fixing Twitch Error 4000, and if in case it doesn’t, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Other active media players
The resource format not supported error also occurs due to other active media players might be preventing to load twitch on your browser. Most of the time if another media player is active, Twitch will not load. If you just go and close the media player this will still not work.
Because the media player might be Active in a background. To close them accurately, follow the below steps.
- Open task manager by typing Task Manager in the search bar in windows. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Then identify the active players.
- Select the one other than which you using.
- Now click on the “End task” button.
Repeat the processes if you have multiple players that are active.
Solution 4: Refresh the stream to fix Twitch Error 4000
Before any solution, you try you should refresh the tab multiple time then wait and load it. If your connection went down while you to steam will rectify by just refreshing. We recommend After you are done with the previous solution try to refresh the stream or restart the browser and check if Twitch works.
It’s all we got for this Twitch error 4000 hope you find helpful. Let us know its work in your scenario or by commenting down below. we always welcome your feedback.