Trying to read any stream on the platform, and Twitch Error 4000 occurs with the message:
“Media resource format not supported”
This error can be frustrating because it occurs every few seconds or minutes in a flow.
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve Twitch error 4000.
Video Guide: Twitch Error 4000: “Resource Format Not Supported”
Solution 1: Select audio correctly to Fix Twitch Error #4000
In settings you might not select the correct audio drivers or your pc is selecting the wrong one. To find out follow the below steps:
- Go to the search bar of windows type “Control Panel”
- Then click on the control panel icons
- In the top right corner, check if the View by: option is selected as Large icons.
- Find the “Sound” option and click on it
- Select the default audio output drivers set them as default audio drivers of your PC.
Cookie and cache usually store the previous data of your browsing activity. This helps you to sign in / access websites faster than the previous visit. The cache may get outdated that prevents you from accessing new data. To obtain fresh data follow the given steps to clear your cache and browser history. These steps are based on the Google chrome browser:
Here is how you can solve Error 4000 Twitch:
- Press Ctrl + H to open the history window
- On the left side, you will see “Clear history”. Click on it.
- The new tab will open and you can see three options. Check all the boxes of the given options.
- Finally, Click on the Clear History button.
This should work in fixing Twitch Error 4000, and if in case it doesn’t, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Other active media players
The resource format not supported error also occurs due to other active media players that might be preventing loading twitch on your browser. Most of the time if another media player is active, Twitch will not load. If you just go and close the media player this will still not work.
Because the media player might be Active in the background. To close them accurately, follow the below steps.
- Open task manager by typing Task Manager in the search bar in windows. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Then identify the active players.
- Select the one other than which you using.
- Now click on the “End task” button.
Repeat the processes if you have multiple players that are active.
If the above solution helps you to solve Twitch error 4000 then refreshing the stream will definitely help you to solve the Twitch error 4000
Solution 4: Refresh the stream to fix Twitch Error 4000
Before any solution, you try you should refresh the tab multiple time then wait and load it. If your connection went down while you to steam will rectify it by just refreshing. We recommend after you are done with the previous solution try to refresh the stream or restart the browser and check if Twitch works.
It’s all we got for Twitch error 4000 hope you find it helpful.
Let us know how it works in your scenario by commenting down below.
We always welcome your feedback.
How do I fix error 4000 on Twitch?
You can fix twitch error 4000 by doing the following solutions:
1. Update Windows OS
2. Clear Cookie & Cache
3. Disable the third-party extensions
4. Check Wifi Router
5. Try another web browser.
Why do I keep getting error 4000 on twitch?
Twitch error 4000 comes when there are outdated browsers and you start getting the error message “Media resource format not supported”.
Is video is either unavailable or not supported in this browser Error #4000?
Twitch Error 4000 occurs when the browser you were using is outdated and it’s not able to play the new streams player’s codes.
Can you swear on Twitch?
According to the community guidelines, twitch totally banned any nudity on twitch. Twitch strictly monitor and banned that user who violates the guideline even the stream is marked as the matured audience.
Can you get paid on Twitch if you are under 18?
Yes, Under the guidance of the parent or guardian you can meet the twitch affiliate program requirements easily. And you can get paid by twitch no matter whats your age is.