Do you enjoy playing The Isle on your PC but find yourself frustrated by lagging, stuttering, freezing, or even multiplayer and cooperative mode not working? You are not alone! Many players face these issues while trying to enjoy their gaming experience. However, fear not, as there are simple solutions to help get rid of these problems and make your gaming sessions much smoother. In this article, we will explore some easy fixes for the lagging and freezing issues, as well as multiplayer and cooperative mode not functioning properly. So, let’s dive in and get back to playing The Isle hassle-free!
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection for any Issues
To fix frozen Loading Screen on The Isle, it’s important to examine your internet connection.
Here are 5 steps to troubleshoot any connection issues:
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Move closer to your Wi-Fi router ensuring the connection is not unstable.
- Test internet speed: Use a reliable tool like SpeedTest.net to measure your internet speed. If the speed is slow or below the recommended requirements for The Isle, contact your internet service provider to address the issue.
- Restart your networking devices: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and cable modem, then wait for a few seconds(20) before turning them back on.
- Minimize bandwidth usage: Make sure no other devices or applications on your network are consuming excessive bandwidth while playing Diablo 4.
- Consider a wired connection: If possible, connect your gaming device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. Wired connections tend to be more stable and reliable for online gaming.
If these connection fixes don’t work, you can try resetting your network settings on Windows 11/10 to potentially address frozen Loading Screen issues.
Solution 2: Clear DNS Cache and Data on PC
DNS translates website names into computer-readable IP addresses. Windows 11 stores DNS data to speed up website access, but this cache can become outdated or corrupted, causing issues.
Clearing the cache forces your computer to get the most recent data from DNS, fixing issues with website access or slow browsing.
Here’s how to clear DNS cache?
- Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.
- Then press the Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear.
- Type cmd, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
- Close the window.
Solution 3: Update The Isle
For critical errors like freezing, publishers release updates for an optimized and smooth gaming experience. It’s wise to check for any update released before troubleshooting other possible issues.
Playing with outdated versions can also lead to technical glitches, compatibility issues, or even missing out on new content. Here’s how to keep any game updated using its dedicated launcher:
Open the Game Launcher and from its settings locate “Update” Options. Either enable automatic updates or do a manual update if there are any. Restart the Launcher and check if you are still facing hanging.
Solution 4: Close Intensive/Unwanted Programs Or Settings
Your game/PC can be set to maximum performance, try running the game on lower settings to consume fewer resources. This can include:
- A lower resolution(From 4k to 1080p or 1080p to 720p)
- A lower frame rate (try playing at 60Hz)
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the hanging issue on your PC as your game would be able to get the required resources from Windows 11/10/7.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Resources, usually indicated by a darker background
- Right-click on that program and select End task
Now check if the frozen Loading Screen is solved or not.
Solution 5: Try Enabling/Disabling VPN while playing The Isle
Still running into coop not working error on Windows 11/10/7?
If you’ve got a VPN on, try turning it off to see if it makes a difference. If it’s off, switch it on and check again. But heads up! Don’t jump between too many regions; you don’t want to get blocked.
Remember, the right VPN can be a game-changer.
Solution 6: Add Game Exceptions on Antivirus PC
Sometimes antivirus thinks game files are bad guys and stops them, causing the hanging.
To fix this, tell your antivirus that The Isle files are cool by adding them to the “exceptions” list. This way, you can play without the antivirus messing things up!
Follow the steps below to add an exception on Antivirus (This guide is for Avast, and would be similar for other antiviruses):
- Launch Avast on your PC.
- Select Menu at the top-right corner of Avast.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- From the left sidebar, choose General > Exceptions
- Click ADD EXCEPTION and then type the URL you want to add to it.
- Click ADD EXCEPTION to save the URL and check if you can access the URL
If you are still facing Avast Blocking Websites, continue to the next solution.
Solution 7: Check if Windows or Any Driver is Outdated
Sometimes compatibility issues can be a reason for continuous The Isle frozen Loading Screen on Windows.
Often, it’s all about the updates. First off, head to your Windows settings and see if there’s an update waiting. While you’re on this updating spree, dive into your device manager and update your Wi-Fi drivers and update graphics drivers making sure they are on the latest versions.
These updates can make a big difference, fixing a lot of errors.
Solution 8: Contact The Isle Support
Tried everything and that game error’s still bugging you?
As a last resort, head to the The Isle’s official website and click ‘Support’ or ‘Contact’. Send them an email, jump into live chat, or post in their official forums.
Share what’s happening and any error messages. Remember to double-check you’re on the official site. Sometimes, reaching out is the best way to get back to gaming!
Stay smart and game on!
In conclusion, dealing with lagging, freezing, and multiplayer/cooperative issues in The Isle can be quite frustrating. However, by following the solutions mentioned in this article, you can overcome these problems and enjoy your gaming sessions without any interruptions. Remember to check your internet connection, clear DNS cache, and data, update the game, close unwanted programs, enable/disable VPN if needed, and add game exceptions on your antivirus software. Also, don’t forget to ensure that your Windows and drivers are up to date. If you still encounter any difficulties, don’t hesitate to reach out to The Isle’s support for further assistance. Now, it’s time to get back to exploring and surviving in the captivating world of The Isle! Happy gaming!