You just planned to play DOTA 2 with your friends and upon launching your game you receive this error
CAppSystemDict::LoadSystemAndDependencies(): AppSystemDict: Error in Init() of interface ‘SceneSystem_002
Let me tell you one thing before moving on to solutions
You are not the only one facing this issue as many users complained about DOTA 2 Error Scene System 002 such as the one below from Reddit.
So, if you want to get play your DOTA 2 without any error then you need to continue reading below.
Solution 1: Remove SceneSystem and SceneSystem_002 DLL files
If you see a System 002 error when you click on DOTA 2 then you need to delete all the DLL files on Windows 11.
For that you need to follow the steps below:
- Navigate to C drive or paste the following
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\bin directory.
- Remove all the DLL files named “SceneSystem” or “SceneSystem_002” in the Win32 and Win64 subdirectories.
- Launch Steam to see if you get to fix DOTA 2 Error Scene System 002
And if you are still facing DOTA 2 Error Scene System 002 then continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify Game Files
After trying the above solution steam will download these files again.
So, it’s better for you to verify the game file to avoid inconvenience while gaming.
Here is how you verify your DOTA 2 game files:
- Launch the Steam client on your device and find DOTA 2 in your library.
- Right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Select Local Files > Verify integrity of game files option.
- Wait for a few minutes, till the steam client verifies all the DOTA 2 game files.
- Rerun the game and check if DOTA 2 not launching is fixed.
Solution 3: Contact Steam Support
If you cannot get rid of the DOTA 2 Error Scene System 002 after trying the above solutions, you should contact Steam support and ask them to perform the necessary actions.
I hope all the above solutions help you to solve the DOTA 2 Error Scene System 002.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below.
Our Social Handles!
How do I stop DOTA 2 from crashing?
You can stop DOTA 2 from crashing by following the steps below:
1. Update the graphics driver.
2. Disable your antivirus temporarily.
3. Run the game as an administrator.
4. Verify the integrity of game files
Are mods allowed in DOTA 2?
Yes, mods are allowed in DOTA 2 but only you will be able to see your mods, other players will see the default model or appearance
Why is my DOTA 2 update stopping?
Your DOTA 2 update is stopping as there’s not enough space on the disk and if there is then try reinstalling it again.